Fredheim_Holm

Reaction score
Evening all.

Just a heads up that I've made a Coach Calculator, thought some of you might be interested. It's taken 3 days but it's here, pretty much as I envisioned it lacking a feature or two that may get added in the next couple of weeks.

Seems to be working, although it is in Beta stage so let me know if there's any problems.

Feel free to link to it on other sites, the more exposure the better.

When FM2010 comes out if the formula for the coaches is released I'll probably update the formula and add a new post linking to the new version.

Cheers.

yeah i saw it in ur other thread, i tried it out and it's really good. how did you create it???

Basically just the normal HTML & CSS for the front end (what you see before you), and to get it to do all the calculations, change bits on the fly depending on the input from the user it uses quite a bit of JavaScript.

Sorry James. It's not a downloadable program, just load it up on the internet and put in the stats.

what exactly is a coach calculator? :S

Well, on FM you obviously have backroom staff, coaches included. The better your coaches stats, the better they'll develop your talent (obviously your facilities affect this too).

If you choose your coach to do just one discipline, such as, 'Set Pieces', they'll have a star rating. The Coach Calculator takes the formula that works this out and does the leg work for you telling you which he's best at and at what level he's at.

Hope that helps.

Very nice. :) I tend to just use Genie Scout for this, but since the creator isn't making a FM 2010 edition, this'll definitely get the nod from me.

Nicely done mate. :)

Very nice. :) I tend to just use Genie Scout for this, but since the creator isn't making a FM 2010 edition, this'll definitely get the nod from me.

Nicely done mate. :)
Did you just say their not doing a genie scout for fm 2010:O

Did you just say their not doing a genie scout for fm 2010:O

The creator hasn't got the time to do it anymore, he posted it on his website when the 2009 version came out.

Sorry James. It's not a downloadable program, just load it up on the internet and put in the stats.

I'm sure if you could somehow make it into a downloadable program (maybe using Adobe AIR) then it could be very popular. It's a lovely little tool.

Just to let you know, I've added another small function to the calculator so that when you hover over a skill set it shows the calculation involved.

I hope it's of some use.

xm49zc.jpg

Report comments, bugs, inconveniences or improvements here. Cheers.

Nice little feature. Thanks.

Just changing hosts, should be done within 48 hours. Thanks for your patience :)