Coaches wanting ridiculously high wages

samillyroy

Reaction score
I keep trying to find new coaches and they are all asking for 30k a week!!! I try to negotiate but it isn't happening. does anybody know what's going on :S

If they have a high reputation they tend to want a decent amount of money to look after your even more overpaid players.

You're chelsea.

Best thing about managing smaller clubs is everybody appears to want less money from you.

My coaching staff are mostly on £650 p/w!

um, I'm not chelsea, I'm rangers..
and nacho novo had never even had a coaching job and he was asking for 30k. it's not that at all. EVERY coach or *** manager I approach wants 30k so I'm thinking it must be a bug of some kind :S

Yeh that sounds abit............i've had coaches wanting 10-15k but not 30k

well exactly, it's starting to **** me off because as my coaches are retiring, I'm not being able to replace them :mad:

No bug. They just dont want low salary cuz they are not interested or slight interested joining your club :)

anyone with a useful reply?

my reply is not useful :( well here is another one :D
Try some other coach with lower reputation, like national or local. Also, you can try to sign some coach who already has low salary(like 1k), and if he wants 10k+, dunno, its a bug.

more like it ha.
I was going for players that had just retired, nacho novo, kenny miller etc and they all wanted loads.
went for some older coaches and they seemed to want the normal amount so that should do it, thanks!

Instead of negotiating put the wage at none selected then offer , that's the minimum wage they'll take to work for your club

I never have any problems getting great staff for low wages, it's simple, and when they DO want a lot, it's not a glitch. They simply, want a lot of wage, it doesn't mean the game is broken.

Remember, young and new staff (staff who have regenned or players who have retired) improve drastically if your club is good enough. I signed a seemingly pathetic Australian coach, only 36, his attacking stat was at 8. After three months, it was up at 14, and nearly all his other stats were on the rise. In FM10, one of my players at Villa retired (Habib Beye I think it was...) and I signed him as a coach, he became one of our best coaches within that season, amazingly quick attribute rises.

Try browsing through lesser known coaches and staff (like, just go into the staff search, select Coach [or whatever member you need] and sort by nation) and just check out some of those guys, nearly all of them want tiny wages. I could completely remodel my backroom staff at nearly any team, and pay less than half the wages I was paying before, and have just as much talent in my backroom staff. It takes a bit of time, looking around, but it's worth it when you make a backroom staff made of great staff members, all being paid around 1k a week, compared to the 20k a week each it was before.

Just check in the right corner if they are interested or not, if they aren't, they sometimes tell you that they dont want to join, or demand ridiculous wages like that.

Just check in the right corner if they are interested or not, if they aren't, they sometimes tell you that they dont want to join, or demand ridiculous wages like that.

You can avoid that using what I said earlier , even if they're not interested doing that :

" Instead of negotiating put the wage at none selected then offer , that's the minimum wage they'll take to work for your club "

They'll ask for the minimum they want to work with you , I got Robson as an scout for less than the Chelsea was paying him , at first he was asking for like 600000