LgsLord26

Reaction score
So, after the beta update I started a save with Nottingham Forrest and I got a message three days in saying my goalkeeping coach was to go on a coaching course, now I read about these prior and my questions are. Did they just add this in the recent update and what does implementing coaching badges/qualifications mean? do coaches require a certain badge for a certain league now?

I haven't delved deep enough yet to see what effect it has. It's either cosmetic, or will increase stats and/or reputation.

If you mean adding in the recent update, it was included in the original beta last week but is new to 2013.

I think if they want to go into management eventually at a higher level or something (like assistant manager, international coaching) they take these courses (but I've come across a couple where they have actually struggled). I think (and I may be wrong so feel free to correct) the higher the determination, the greater chance of passing, as past coaching staff with maxed out/very high determination stats have passed, whereas ones with lower determination have failed or struggled.

Great addition imo and makes it even more realistic for me.

Yeah, I would have thought the more coaching courses passed the higher their attributes. If that is true surely you could sign an average coach and make him world class or when taking a really low league team up to the top you could keep all the staff (because lets face it, in those scenarios who hasn't forged a tight bond with your staff?) and just train them up to match your club standard..

Yeah, I would have thought the more coaching courses passed the higher their attributes. If that is true surely you could sign an average coach and make him world class or when taking a really low league team up to the top you could keep all the staff (because lets face it, in those scenarios who hasn't forged a tight bond with your staff?) and just train them up to match your club standard..

Cost comes into it aswell. I've noticed the costs for some courses are very high, and at times the club covers the costs. Haven't come across many that pay for it themselves.

Is it automatic? I have not come across a option to send them to courses.

From the profile page:
More Actions -> Send on Coaching Course.

...don't expect it to work though. Seems like it happens automatically once the coach is ready for it.

Is it true that their attributes drop slightly or a bit if they were sent on coaching courses?