Coeur de Lyon: An Olympique Lyonnais Story

ZeCarlos

Reaction score
View attachment 278720

24th of November

Mann appointed manager as Garde takes no blame!

Olympique Lyonnais have today appointed former England midfielder Jason Mann on a three-year deal following Remi Garde's outburst.

The former club captain has left the French club after calling club chairman Jean-Michel Aulas a "fool" and stated the current predicament the club was in was not his fault. He argued that the players' hearts weren't in it and hoped that the club were relegated so the fans would finally realise what Aulas has done to the club over the past few years.

Remi Garde went on to say that he deserved to manage a better football club - and hoped to never be recognized as a Lyon hero ever again. In response, Jean-Michel Aulas said Remi was acting "childishly" and that his football club would move forward in the future. New manager Jason Mann takes over with the club 16th in Ligue 1 with sixteen games played.

In his first press-conference as manager of the club, Jason Mann said: "Lyon are a fantastic club worldwide. Everybody has heard of the French giants and despite Garde leaving the club in a poor league position - I hope to return the club to the top of French football." When asked about the clubs' future, he responded: "Obviously the new stadium will be completed this time next year and we hope to move in as soon as possible. The training facilities are fantastic and the current playing staff will match my ambitions with one or two additions in the next transfer window."

Mann has reportedly already sent scouts to England, France and Germany in search of a new goalkeeper and midfielder. His first match in charge will be against fellow-giants Olympique de Marseille.

Ligue 1 table:

View attachment 278721

Well your not doing very well so I'd give up but I give up very quickly.

Well your not doing very well so I'd give up but I give up very quickly.

I think you've misunderstood mate haha. I've taken over the club in November when they're 16th. Sorry if that wasn't clear.

I think you've misunderstood mate haha. I've taken over the club in November when they're 16th. Sorry if that wasn't clear.
It wasn't clear at all but that's alright and how many games have you won in charge.

It wasn't clear at all but that's alright and how many games have you won in charge.

Of course it was clear. Try reading the text next time.

Good start ZeCarlos, surprised to see Lyon down there to be honest but you still have time to turn the season around. Good luck

Good start ZeCarlos, surprised to see Lyon down there to be honest but you still have time to turn the season around. Good luck

Thanks mate - yeah, so was I. Had a mixed start but I don't have time for an update tonight as I'm too busy. Keep an eye out tomorrow!

Must apologize to anybody who was hopeful of an update. I simply wasn't enjoying the game as I was finding it way too easy to climb the league. Again, apologies for posting a now pointless thread. However, a new story may be posted within a few days.

Sorry but I never read the text and I still won't.