Ewinter94

Reaction score
sky-sports-news.jpg

Colchester United have announced a shock appointment as their new manager. Speaking at a press conference this morning chairman Robbie Cowling introduced pop musician Darwin Deez as the clubs new manager. When asked about his thoughts behind this appointment Mr Cowling said that he felt Mr Deez could take Colchester to "A Whole New Level" and said that the strong friendship between eachother was also beneficial. Robbie Cowling also told journalists that Darwin is secretly a football genius in the mould of Jose Mourinho.

Mr Deez has signed a 2 year contract worth £1,300 per week, the Colchester boards expectations are that he can achieve a top half finish and has been given a transfer budget of £0 and a wage budget of £30.5k.

Colchester fans speaking outside the stadium were generally disappointed with the announcement however many did state that they enjoyed his music.

Dharmesh Sheth
Sky Sports

Colchester United - A Background

crest-2009.jpg

Colchester_United.gif

Colchester United Football Club is an English football club based in Colchester. The club was formed in 1937, and briefly shared their old Layer Road home with now defunct side Colchester Town who had previously used the ground from 1910. Colchester's main rivalry is with fellow Essex side Southend United, with whom they contest the Essex derby. The competitive head-to-head record is 29 wins to Southend, 25 wins for Colchester and 17 draws.

---------- Post added at 03:57 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:19 AM ----------

2ldiqoo.jpg

After an overview of the squad i've noticed we're lacking a lot of quality and depth, especially in midfield. I will be using JP Woody's 5.0 tactic so an AML is an important area and the Colchester squad is in need of a decent left midfielder.

My first transfer target aims to solve my left midfield problem as i am looking to bring in Dutch winger Etienne Esajas on a free transfer. He is a cheap option and won't stretch my wage budget much whilst at the same time he looks to be a quality player. I have offered him a contract worth £1.7k per week with a £400 appearance fee.

2jfb11k.jpg

I will hopefully be able to bring in a couple more free transfers by the end of the week before I delve into the loan market to help improve the depth of my squad. It is unlikely that i will be selling any players at this time.

15011263.jpg

New Colchester manager Darwin Deez is about to begin his first press conference as Colchester Manager:

You sit here in front of us as the new Colchester manager, is this your dream job?

I am please to have the chance to work in football management and hope to develop my skills whilst working here at Colchester, i am also aiming to lead this club to the success it deserves.

Will there be much of a change to the squad and backroom staff now that you've officially taken over here at Colchester?

There is a good set up of quality coaches here and it is unlikely that i will be making any changes there, however the squad will experience some changes over the coming weeks.

What are your initial expectations here at Colchester?

Obviously if we could gain promotion then it would be excellent, however at first i'm hoping to put together a strong squad and achieve a comfortable position in league 1 along with a decent cup run.

The press conference has now ended

To be continued..

Darwin-Deez-300x272.jpg

Last edited: