Colchester United - start of season expectations?

What is a realistic expectation for Col U in the Championship 2011-2012 season?

• Total voters

BrownMC

Reaction score
I am approaching the 2011/2012 season and I am about to start my first season in the Championship with my local team Colchester United. I was wondering if anyone else had managed Colchester United and how did you get on in the Championship in your first year? The board have set their minimum expectations and that is to attempt to avoid relegation. I think I should be able to do that with a few new signings. What do you think they could achieve?

Last edited:
I am Colchester in my save, 3 years in and im in the Prem. A must signing for you should be Craig M - Smith from Peterborough and also try and get Perch on loan from Newcastle. Maybe a new GK, Alex Smithies is good, and try and pick up a few prem players that have been released.

I am Colchester in my save, 3 years in and im in the Prem. A must signing for you should be Craig M - Smith from Peterborough and also try and get Perch on loan from Newcastle. Maybe a new GK, Alex Smithies is good, and try and pick up a few prem players that have been released.

I am in the Premiership after back to back promotions in two years. I have actually signed Smithies on my game and thank you for the other advice, but I managed to get Earnshaw on a free after the first season and he was a revelation for me along with David Carney who I also picked up on a free after the first season.