Cole and Ballack to leave Chelsea

• Thread starter Thread starter BBC Sport
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 37
  • Views Views 2K
Would love to see Joe Cole at Arsenal, tbh i'm glad Ballack has gone, don't like him too much as a player, but i expect he'll go to Madrid with Mourinho or Germany.

Im disappointed with chelsea for the release of JOE COLE!! he is a quality player but wasnt given enough games due to kalou, malouda and anelka playing well on the wing. I would prefer him to go to spurs but o well :(

A bit shocked at hearing Ballack will leave, although the other two are no shock at all.

I hope we get Joe Cole, but apparently he's going to Arsenal.
Ballack back to Germany and Belletti probably going to go back to Brazil to retire quietly.

Will be slightly interested to see if Chelsea sign a replacement, or if they use the likes of Gael Kakuta to fill those gaps.

A bit shocked at hearing Ballack will leave, although the other two are no shock at all.

I hope we get Joe Cole, but apparently he's going to Arsenal.
Ballack back to Germany and Belletti probably going to go back to Brazil to retire quietly.

Will be slightly interested to see if Chelsea sign a replacement, or if they use the likes of Gael Kakuta to fill those gaps.

i belive they will fill them with youth players mate, with loosing these 3 chelsea will save nearly 300grand a week=1.2million a month=14.4million per year. thats alot of money and lets look at it this way, they havent been in the first team alot with the exception of ballack. but i belive loosing ballack will bring out the attaking class in essien next season.

i belive they will fill them with youth players mate, with loosing these 3 chelsea will save nearly 300grand a week=1.2million a month=14.4million per year. thats alot of money and lets look at it this way, they havent been in the first team alot with the exception of ballack. but i belive loosing ballack will bring out the attaking class in essien next season.

300K a week?..

Ballack might be on 100K+ but J.Cole obviously isn't or he wouldn't be leaving and there's no way Belletti is on 100K per week so you may need to readjust those figures but I see your point..

i can see one large signing, a top class youngster, then some youth; similar to what united will do.

---------- Post added at 07:10 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:09 PM ----------

300K a week?..

Ballack might be on 100K+ but J.Cole obviously isn't or he wouldn't be leaving and there's no way Belletti is on 100K per week so you may need to readjust those figures but I see your point..
i thought belletti was on about 70,000 a week

you love the idea that Chelsea might just give a chance to some youth cup final winners don't you :P? I don't think they will, i think they'll buy - hence rumours about Aguero, Bastian Shweinsteiger and Torres + you not really needing another winger, since you have Yuri Zhirkov (who never plays at it is), Kalou, Anelka, Malouda. still, i hope i'm proved wrong and sincerely hope Arsene snaps up Joe Cole, he's just the kind of player we need, versatile, quick, but experienced too.

300K a week?..

ballacks on 130 a week joe cole is on 100 a week and belletti is easily on 50ish? i just rounded it to the nearest hundred. joe cole wanted 100k a week but chelsea would only pay him 70 and obviously he wasent happy with it.

---------- Post added at 07:14 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:13 PM ----------

you love the idea that Chelsea might just give a chance to some youth cup final winners don't you :P? I don't think they will, i think they'll buy - hence rumours about Aguero, Bastian Shweinsteiger and Torres + you not really needing another winger, since you have Yuri Zhirkov (who never plays at it is), Kalou, Anelka, Malouda. still, i hope i'm proved wrong and sincerely hope Arsene snaps up Joe Cole, he's just the kind of player we need, versatile, quick, but experienced too.

i do love the youth lol, i have been watching them alot this season and it actually looks like for once we have a half decent acadamy and i just want them to use it not waste it .

ballacks on 130 a week joe cole is on 100 a week and belletti is easily on 50ish? i just rounded it to the nearest hundred. joe cole wanted 100k a week but chelsea would only pay him 70 and obviously he wasent happy with it.

I can see Ballack being on that amount, I think Cole was on 70K and wanted to up it but they wouldn't, and Belletti I thought would be on about 30/40K..

According to a few (probably biased) articles that I've read, Joe Cole is going to settle for £80K a week for a first team place at Arsenal, yet he wanted £130K at Chelsea to match his team-mates' wages. Don't believe everything you hear mind.

I can see Ballack being on that amount, I think Cole was on 70K and wanted to up it but they wouldn't, and Belletti I thought would be on about 30/40K..

Nah he is on £100K p/w.

According to a few (probably biased) articles that I've read, Joe Cole is going to settle for £80K a week for a first team place at Arsenal, yet he wanted £130K at Chelsea to match his team-mates' wages. Don't believe everything you hear mind.

Nah he is on £100K p/w.

if that is true about cole then chelsea fans wouldnt be to chuffed lol.

Joe Cole is on between 70-80k; Chelsea refused to offer him 100k p/w.

Massively doubt that they would have offered that much to a player that was always back up.
chelsea had a massive wage bill, they overpay their players by quite a fair bit. remember he didnt use to be backup,

Yeah that's what I heard aswell. Whether it's true or not is another thing but if it is then it comes as a bit of a shock to be honest. Didn't think Joey was like that.

We probably won't sign a replacement, Kakuta will step up into the first team.
Glad Ballack is going aswell, what a waste of space he's been for the majority of the time he's been here.

Last edited:
Yeah that's what I heard aswell. Whether it's true or not is another thing but if it is then it comes as a bit of a shock to be honest. Didn't think Joey was like that.

We probably won't sign a replacement, Kakuta will step up into the first team.
Glad Ballack is going aswell, what a waste of space he's ben for the majority of the time he's been here.

Every footballer is like that, don't think any differently ;)

Back