Colin McRae DIRT

Lee

Administrator
Reaction score
Is anyone getting this for the XBox 360? I'm getting it for the PC now, apparently it needs a beast of a PC to run smoothly so I'm probably not going to be playing it at it's best which is a shame because it looks so pretty.

i want a racing game, but dont know which one to get, downloaded the forza motorsport 2 demo and that seemed gd

are you buying it or downloading it
Can't say. >_>

i want a racing game, but dont know which one to get, downloaded the forza motorsport 2 demo and that seemed gd

Well depends what you like, Forza is more of a simulation wheras Colin McRae fits into the fun category like the NFS games.

Lee if it's good let me know. I currently have PGR3 for the Xbox and I'm not too keen on it. I don't like racing games where the tracks are 'walled off'. I prefer touring games like the TOCA's.

Well from what everyone's been saying it's really good fun and the new driving mechanics are great.

Didn't realise it needed so much disk space...

Minimum Requirements
Windows XP or Vista
Pentium 4 @ 3.0GHz or Athlon 64 3000+
1GB RAM
DirectX Compatable Sound Card
2x DVD-ROM Drive capable of reading dual layer DVD discs (DVD9)
12.5 Gb Hard Drive Space

Recommended Requirements
Intel Core 2 Duo @ 2.66Ghz or Athlon X2 3800+
1GB RAM
GeForce 7800 or Radeon X1800 or better
Creative Sound Blaster X-Fi Sound Card

Supported Graphics cards
ATi Radeon x1300, x1600, x1800, x1900, x1950
nVidia Geforce 6800, 7100, 7300, 7600, 7800, 7900, 7950, 8800
Network/Internet Play Requirements
Broadband internet connection required - 512kbps + Recommended
TCP/IP Network

Considering I only have an 80GB HDD it's going to use 20GB overall which isn't good. :(

Woah that's a purdy big game. It had better be worth it ;)

Just played it, on lowest graphics settings, it's great fun especially the rallycross where you can ram your opponents off the track. :D Even on the lowest settings it still looks pretty, might see if I can bump the graphics up a bit though.

Just checked and the game takes up 10.5GB once installed. Shame I need to keep the 8GB cd image though. :(

i decided to go for this game rather than forza, and i think i can safely say i made the right decision.

Just played it, on lowest graphics settings, it's great fun especially the rallycross where you can ram your opponents off the track. :D Even on the lowest settings it still looks pretty, might see if I can bump the graphics up a bit though.

Just checked and the game takes up 10.5GB once installed. Shame I need to keep the 8GB cd image though. :(

Can't you just create a mini image instead? They only take up around 500kb-1mb.

Not too sure because the protection on the CD is pretty fussy. I'll give it a try though.

Oh after a about 3 hours of total racing now I still suck at Rally's but rock at everything else. Driving trucks sucks. :(