Revotsew

Reaction score
THE IDEA:

I will make my way from one side of the world to the other, starting in Australia and finishing up in England. I will manage a club in every country along the way and win the league in all of those countries. I will be trying to take the exact route I took when travelling to Australia from the UK myself last year.

RULES:

- I must manage in a country that is next to the country I am currently managing in. If the country is an island (i.e. Australia) I will do as close to a real-life route as possible.

- I cannot skip a country.

- I cannot voluntarily leave a club. If I get fired before winning the league in that country, I must find a new job in that country and win the league.

- I will start unemployed with Sunday League experience.

- I will have 3 countries loaded at a time, then replace the one i've finished with another nation.

THE ROUTE:

This is the route i'm planning to use. I've put it in a spoiler box incase anybody wants it to be a surprise.

Australia - Singapore - Malaysia - Thailand - Mongolia - Russia - Ukraine - Poland - Germany - Holland - Belgium - France - England

This is my first story so I hope you all enjoy, if anybody feels like i've missed something in the rules or any way I could improve the challenge or make it a better read please let me know!

Last edited:
Really good idea. Look forward to seeing how the journey unfolds! :D

So a whole season played out before I got a job offer. I applied for 4 Hyundai A-League jobs and got rejected, but finally, after coming last, Western Sydney Wanderers hired me!

SOME INFORMATION:

I was going to call this section "some history" but if i'm honest, Western Sydney Wanderers don't have any. Founded on 4th April 2012 (coincidentally my birthday) after Gold Coast United were kicked out of the A-League, Western Sydney Wanderers was supported by a few of the biggest names in Australian Football, Tim Cahill and Lucas Neill to name two. As the name suggests, they're based in Western Sydney and are owned by the Australian Football Federation

KEY PLAYERS:

View attachment 376075
Daniel Mullen is going to be a key part of my team, strong and composed centre back who is not only good defensively but can pick a pass out.

View attachment 376074
Aaron Mooy is very technically gifted but is let down by his physical ability. I haven't really worked out what tactic i'm going to play just yet, but whether I play him in CAM or on the left wing as an inside forward I hope he can make a big contribution.

OTHER NOTES:
One thing i've already noticed as a problem is the size of this squad. I have only 16 players in my squad and nobody of any quality to promote from the youth team. With a reasonably healthy transfer budget of ?541k and a wage budget of ?50k, although oddly enough theres no option to adjust the budgets, I would of liked to have a higher wage budget to snap up some decent free transfers.

I will post again once i've played friendlies, luckily I took over at the end of the season after the manager got sacked for coming last so I have plenty of time to assess my team and test a couple things out. Again, if anybody has any suggestions or questions don't hesitate to let me know!

After a very successful pre-season the season is about to start. Had a good chance to test a couple little things, and i've worked out that trying to play nice looking possession football is not going to work. I've concentrated a lot of defence and I'm hoping that this season we can scrape a lot of 1-0 wins, as boring as that sounds.
View attachment 375298

I've run in to a few little problems so far, probably my own fault for not taking time to read the division rules before jumping straight in to it! It turns out the Australian league has a few very strange rules. For example:
View attachment 375314
This annoyed me, because players from other divisions really had very little interest in joining me, which completely threw things up in the air! So, I focused on free signings.

SIGNINGS (SO FAR):
I've made a lot of signings so far, and due to more rules I doubt i'll bring anybody else in. I'm not sure if anybody here is familiar with the Australian Marquee signings rule, but for anybody that isn't here it is. Each team is allowed one Foreign Marquee player and one Australian Marquee player. These are basically big name players which don't count toward the wage cap. Talking of wage caps, I also discovered more rules that I wasn't aware of when starting my reign while trying to register my team. I quite like the idea of a foreign player limit, just wish I knew about it before chopping and changing my team too much.
View attachment 375304

I'll upload a screen shot of my transfers and squad once the windows closed and I have my final team. Hopefully somebody is reading and enjoying this a little bit. I'll be uploading most days depending how busy I am.

I will follow this, was looking to do the same idea!:pXD;)

Great idea this mate, will definitely be following your progress :) good luck!!