I love an original tactic like this. And you're absolutley right: You score LOADS, you concede loads, you get a crazy high Xg, you lose possession constantly but funny enough you also win possession a lot.

I did a quick, holiday run just to see how it runs.

8 games in with Soton:
Soton 16th in the league, won 2, draw 1 and lost 5. 16 scored, 17 conceded.
Sotons Xg is 15.95 (third best in the league)
Soton have created 48 chances, which is the most in the league so far
Soton has fired the third most shots.
Won back possession 857 time, which is more than 100 more times than the second team
Mot blocks in the league
2nd most tackles won
Most fouls made
Highest xg against (18.20)
Only 5th in most conceded goals tho
Made the most interceptions
Lost possession the most (940 times, almost 100 more times than the second most)
Average possession is 45%

Monaco 10 games in. 3rd in the league
7 wins, 3 losses. 29 scored, 10 conceded
Euro cup
3 played, 3 wins. 10 scored, 5 conceded.

Ben Yedder as AF has 15 goas in 17 games

Napoli 5th in the league
8 games, 5 wins, 1 draw, 2 losses
14 scoeed,8 conceded
Euro cup
3 wins in 3 games. 6 scored 0 conceded

Dortmund 3rd in the league
8 games, 5 wins, 1 draw, 2 losses
22 goals scored, 10 conceded
Highest xg
Most chancess created

Real Madrid 1st in the league
9 games, 8 wins, 1 loss
41 scored, 14 conceded
Very low Xg against (10.52 which is 16th)

I love an original tactic like this. And you're absolutley right: You score LOADS, you concede loads, you get a crazy high Xg, you lose possession constantly but funny enough you also win possession a lot.

I did a quick, holiday run just to see how it runs.

Real Madrid 1st in the league
9 games, 8 wins, 1 loss
41 scored, 14 conceded
Very low Xg against (10.52 which is 16th)

Once you get into a dominant position it actually becomes quite defensively sound, I think because you become so good at winning back the ball it stops being an issue that you lose it, as you can see with the Real Madrid run. But mostly I love the tactic for going against the shorter passing, play out of defence, roll it out etc. meta and still working great.

used this in the second half against Wolves when we played them twice in a row, had a couple goal cushion at halftime, so thought why not, it'sheart in your mouth stuff, but it scores goals, never seen my defenders throw themselves in front of shots so enthusiastically, but it's a fun watch

Are there any other important attributes? How good crossing does the winger need? Do both M need to be good tacklers? General aggression level should be above 13-14? Work rate?

Are there any other important attributes? How good crossing does the winger need? Do both M need to be good tacklers? General aggression level should be above 13-14? Work rate?

Having one player that's good at Corners and Free Kicks is very helpful, and it's often going to work out well if this is your winger (cause they're normally ***** at headers and short). Depends what level you're playing at, but someone with technicals like Ibai Gomez is perfect (Corners 16, Crossing 17, Free Kicks 17, Technique 16) and he played stunningly well for in Serie A despite 'only' have like 128pa. I'd be looking for someone with at least 14 in the top five leagues.

To be honest midfield is the place I have least worked out, but a midfield two of two players like Soucek (BBM) and Mount (CMA) would be perfect, so yeah as you say very high workrate, stamina, and high aggression and bravery. I don't think tackling is that important as the CMA, but it's always nice to have, it's nice if your strikers can tackle too, but not essential. A player like Soucek will also player very well at second strikers if you train them there, as will a player like Jude Bellingham.