Common Errors / Crash and How to fix it

remlnx

Reaction score
I think it's a good idea to share our experience on common errors or crash dumps and how to fix it (if we found how), so anyone else experiencing the problem doesnt have to hit the wall with the head to find it out.

FM14 BETA: If you have crash dumps at a specific day, it's a well know bug that segames will fix the release day. This is their official answer to the problem:

"
is an issue we're aware of and will be fixed for the main game release allowing you to continue your save. Thanks for taking the time to let us know about this and apologies you've encountered it in your game."

Warning: Rule_Group_Manager:. (load)-cannot find rule group

This error is caused by Samsung Link/All Share software, uninstall it to fix

-----------

Not well formatted (invalid token) at line 1 of switching.xml
(line number can be another one)

To fix this error you need to delete your preference folder.
First of all on your Control Panel pick "Folder Options" then "show hidden files and folders"

Now navigate to C:\users\yourusername\AppData\Local\Sport Interactive\
and delete Preferences folder.

Start the game, you will be prompted to insert again the manager name/birth etc, do it.
Load the game and play, error should be fixed.

-----------

Random Crash Dumps

First thing to do is remove any logo/facepack/kit/skin/custom image and try again

if it doesnt fix:

Open your Steam and navigate to game library. Right click on Football manager 2014 and select Preferences.
on the new popped window select "Local Files" tab then press "Verify Game Cache".
Let it do the job, can take few minutes. If not all the files are ok, steam will automatically download the missing/additional ones.

if it doesnt fix:

On your Control Panel pick "Folder Options" then "show hidden files and folders"

Now navigate to C:\users\yourusername\AppData\Local\Sport Interactive\
and delete Preferences folder.

If you have any experience about errors/crash and it's not listed on this post, please let me know so i can add it.

Last edited: