Companion games - 1 season each.

• Thread starter Thread starter maltefb
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 39
  • Views Views 3K

maltefb

Reaction score
View attachment 228143
A new beginning for the famous Portsmouth, that have been in heavy debt for several years, and finally the consequences has come to light.
AFC Portsmouth is the new name, playing in Blue Square Bet South, all player have left, despite loanie Bjørn Helge Riise, and as the new manager, Portsmouth legend Linvoy Primus have been appointed.

The loyal fans are looking forward to this new project, and hopefully the new team around the club can control the club better than the former leaders.

Hi everybody.
I was just wondering if it would have any interest for some of you to make what i would call a companion game - or companion story.
The idea is to take a team, a lower league team with a great history, and take them back to the top. The concept is that you play one season each, and then upload the save to another one taking over and continuing the savegame.
So it could be that i start the first season, and then after the first season upload it to number two in the line, and so on.

So if three or four people would be interested in this that would be great.
If it has interest we can start discussing which team it should be :-)
Cheers

Last edited:
This sounds interesting.. Keep me a spot for now but i won't have a definite answer for another day or two.

Same here, sounds good.

How about a scenario where Portsmouth are in the BSS due to admin? Or create a splinter club in the same situation? (AFC Portsmouth?)

How many do you need, sounds good if there are places?

Was thinking about 4 maybe 5 players.
Portsmouth could definitely be a possiblity.
A new team created by the fans due to unhappiness with the board who are destroying the club - a bit like FC United??
More teams and ideas are welcome, great to hear some interest :)

Great, so is this what we do? AFC Portsmouth?
Do you know if it is necessary for you to have the same edited database or can you just continue without downloading the database with AFC Portsmouth? Wow, that sounded silly, but hope you understand?

Not certain, but would of thought if only the save was uploaded, we could carry on with it like that?

Great, so is this what we do? AFC Portsmouth?
Do you know if it is necessary for you to have the same edited database or can you just continue without downloading the database with AFC Portsmouth? Wow, that sounded silly, but hope you understand?

Once it's in the save, you can upload the file with it in. Done it a couple times for my mate who couldn't D/L LFC Marshall's updates :)

I'll be able to do the file if you want, with a decent bit of research into the current club.

Okay that sounds great, so everything should be allright :)
So lets begin, and if you would do the file it would be fantastic.
We also need to find an order, so if anyone want to take the 1.season or have any other preferences on season say it, and maybe some rules too ?
It could be something like not using monthly installments, to protect the economy, or just common sense when playing together :)

Okay that sounds great, so everything should be allright :)
So lets begin, and if you would do the file it would be fantastic.
We also need to find an order, so if anyone want to take the 1.season or have any other preferences on season say it, and maybe some rules too ?
It could be something like not using monthly installments, to protect the economy, or just common sense when playing together :)

ATM, the splinter club plays at the 12k seater Dickinson Park, has 1.4m in the bank, threadbare backroom staff and no "real" players. Have taken over the actual Portsmouth to have badges, rivalries etc hardcoded in, and promoted the highest rep club from each lower division. Anyone else want to add anything? I'll upload the initial save to here for the first man to D/L.

I think just using common sense would be alright, although what squads will we have, or will the first player build a squad completely?

I think just using common sense would be alright, although what squads will we have, or will the first player build a squad completely?

Gonna load it with "add players to squads" - some of the generated players may become 1st teamers, many won't. Remember, all former Portsmouth players have been released.

Sounds good! I'll take 2nd or 3rd position , i don't have time right now to go first.

I reckon just start with no manager, if that can be done, and then create a profile of a realistic lower league manager in the game, which is what we then take over each season.

Don't know many lower league managers though, Steve Burr is about the only one, purely because my dad knows him!

Maybe a former Portsmouth Legend would be ideal, what do you think?
Let me have second season then :)

That's cool i'll take third. Portsmouth Legend hmmm... i can't think of any xD

Back