Comparing the statistics of two created strikers

orgolove

Reaction score
I posted this in the general forums, but no response.. I'd appreciate some help.

I've been tinkering with the editor to see how I would make the best striker. Just goalscorer.

The biggest effect of a player's stat on the total possible amount of stats is the two foot/one foot ness.

This player:
1-9.jpg

has 20 in both feet. I set almost every unused stats to 1. I can get other captains, other penalty takers, other corner takers, etc, but only one striker. But still most of his stats are at the 16 level.

This player:
2-7.jpg

has 20 in just one foot. A lot of his stats are around 18 or more.

Which is a better striker?

Is there any other way the stats should be changed to make the strikers even better? For the first player, what other stats are also useless? What stats should I put back?

the two footed striker is more dangerous. the left footed striker can be dealt more easily

Interesting.

I'd say the second one, with stats like those, it doesn't matter if you can only play with one foot. Although, the perfect striker cannot be a set of attributes, you have to look at personality, team work and other hidden attributes.

For the first player.....put back some passing,penalty taking etc. and I would say the 2nd striker is better as his overall stas make him a more well-rounded player

I mean, even though the stats are so different? Is the difference in the footedness better than +2 in all stats and 20 in marking/passing/penalty/tackling? (as a striker of course...)

I mean, even though the stats are so different? Is the difference in the footedness better than +2 in all stats and 20 in marking/passing/penalty/tackling? (as a striker of course...)
yes, against the better defensives side its makes a big difference, he cant be easily shown away from goal, take a point from every other stat and put them passing and bit into agression and bravery and you have a top class complete forward.

Hm, does a forward need passing? If he will be a target man, and attacking forward... (advanced forward/poacher)

Hm, does a forward need passing? If he will be a target man, and attacking forward...

Yes, how else is he supposed to play 1-2's to get behind the defence.

you're falling into the trap many players do when it comes to attributes. you must think beyond the highlighted attributes and think about whats requires in the particular move. once you do that you start to realise its not about pure pace, or strength, or finishing.

Ok, so currently he now has 15 in the stats, including passing and penalty taking.

I'm bothered about that 1 in crossing. Is it important for a forward?

Latest screenshot:
3-6.jpg

****, that passing and penalty taking should be at 15. Let me retake it real quick.

Last edited:
Ok, so currently he now has 15 in the stats, including passing and penalty taking.

Depends what kind of role you want him to play, if its a Target man, no, he doesn't really need crossing, because he will rarely find himself on the wing, other forwards may like to expolit the space on the flanks behind the fullbacks when they push up, these would need some attribute points in crossing.

Latest screenshot:
3-6.jpg
i would take some points from his freekicks and put into crossing (about 11-13 is ok)

---------- Post added at 05:29 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:28 PM ----------

as dunc said it depends,when i say you need 11-13 im talking about forwards like villa/aguero/rooney/ forlan

Also, I don't see 15 in passing ;) .. or Pen taking

Crossing is important if he likes to move into channels,but if he attacks throught the centre its alright although I still think he should have 9-12 crossing

OK, changed screenshot:
3-7.jpg

The role I want him to play is, "just get the ball and score." Doesn't have to pass, doesn't have to cross - just get the ball and score. Is there anything I'm missing, or is there anything I can take away?

He doesn't really need 20 flair, you could use that in a more important area.

OK, changed screenshot:
3-7.jpg

The role I want him to play is, "just get the ball and score." Doesn't have to pass, doesn't have to cross - just get the ball and score. Is there anything I'm missing, or is there anything I can take away?
take 5 points from agression, 3 from bravery, 10 from influence (unless hes your captain), and raise his anticipation to 20, decisions to 20, composure to 20, first touch to 18.

---------- Post added at 05:38 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:38 PM ----------

He doesn't really need 20 flair, you could use that in a more important area.
he does need the flair.
at the top level: top class mental stats + average physical stats > top class physical stats + average mental stats

but 20?

Compared to like, composure, isn't that more important?
ive got him to adjust the composure, but flair is pretty important. when you have good creativity and decison making, its what stands a pirlo apart from a carrick