Complacency making small teams harder to beat than big teams?

BoxerLadABC

Reaction score
Im Newcastle in the 1st season and im 9th mid-season but I am dreading playing the likes of West Brom and West Ham instead of Liverpool and Tottenham for example.

I feel it can only come down to complacency.

Anyone have any real advice? All I've got so far from searching is "Say in team talks I expect a win" which frankly seems to make 0% difference. And my a.manager always gives me the same advice for team talks in every single game? So i really dont think they matter too much.

Help?

I usually don't give a team talk at all,which seems to keep the players motivated.
All I do is say "you have faith" to players with poor morale

Well team talks are usually the best way to deal with this problem. When you don't win, use disappointed more as a team talk. Check which individual players are complacent (look at the assistant advice screen) and give them the 'expect a performance' individual team talk. Also, maybe play more offensively, especially at home.

Bring in some fringe players and youngsters against smaller teams, the chance to prove themself usually makes them play well. Try altering your tactics against smaller teams so that you either dominate, or invite them onto you and make use of your superior players on the counter.

Bring in some fringe players and youngsters against smaller teams, the chance to prove themself usually makes them play well. Try altering your tactics against smaller teams so that you either dominate, or invite them onto you and make use of your superior players on the counter.

Didn't think this would work but Haris Vuckic was fantastic and scored the winner :D

I usually don't give a team talk at all,which seems to keep the players motivated.
All I do is say "you have faith" to players with poor morale

Most of the times i used "you have faith" to players with poor morale instead of getting better it got worst to very poor :(