eduliguori

Reaction score
Why no matter what I can build teams to beat the huge adversaries, but quite often we struggle against the small teams?

I've tried everything, but my teams can be fighting relegation and win a game against top four, but will lose the odd match against rubbish teams...

What you do to solve that?

it seems like you have just been promoted from another thread you started...

you cannot expect to use the same tactic against teams like Inter, Napoli, Roma, Milan etc week in week out and expect the same results you were getting in Serie B, yes you may have 1 or 2 shock wins vs the big boys but that is quite easy in the Serie A....

adapt the tactic, you have to play more defensively or on the counter, accept that you will not have more possession than most of the teams you play and just try make the best out of it..

play really quick, deep and on the counter and depending on your formation (which I can suggest something like this one) http://www.fm-base.co.uk/forum/foot...raikan007s-perfect-4-3-1-2-a.html#post1242641 being quite narrow and which has a DM as most of the teams in Italy play centrally :)

good luck

it seems like you have just been promoted from another thread you started...

you cannot expect to use the same tactic against teams like Inter, Napoli, Roma, Milan etc week in week out and expect the same results you were getting in Serie B, yes you may have 1 or 2 shock wins vs the big boys but that is quite easy in the Serie A....

adapt the tactic, you have to play more defensively or on the counter, accept that you will not have more possession than most of the teams you play and just try make the best out of it..

play really quick, deep and on the counter and depending on your formation (which I can suggest something like this one) http://www.fm-base.co.uk/forum/foot...raikan007s-perfect-4-3-1-2-a.html#post1242641 being quite narrow and which has a DM as most of the teams in Italy play centrally :)

good luck

tks for yr reply

I think I was not very clear.

My team started at C2, won the league, but concede to smaller teams when out beating the best of the league with ease.
At C1 we were second and got again immediate promotion, but finished second not because lost games to the favorites, we lost easy points to the worse teams.
At Serie B I finished 3rd at my first season and lost the play-off games to a team that was 15 points below us.
Second season we won Serie B easily, but draw and lost a couple of games against the weaker opposition again.

I play 4-1-2-1-2, slow short passing game with three DMCs at middle. We usually control the game, don't get scored and also score not that much, I use to like the situation if you don't get scored you won't lose.

These tactics are my motto and I wan't to keep that way, but I get disturbed by the fact that I can face tough opposition and lose points we shouldn't to the small teams, it's pure complacency.

For example, my strikers are usually made of a deep lying forward and a poacher. The poacher often scores against the best teams, but also ostensibly fail to score when against rubbish teams.

Guess you can now understand I'm not worried to loose to Inter or Milan, as I know we ain't as good yet, but when I draw at home 0x0 against Vicenza, than I get nuts! :p