Complete Domination - Possession and Pressing Tactic

When I played 4231, I used to use a 433

GK
LB CB CB RB
CM CM CM
LAM RAM
ST

You win the battle of the midfielder which is important, try out the suggested template when against a 4231.

i'll try ur suggestion....

with my strategy i controlled the mid but always dissapointment when they get forward. always waste a good pass n mostly take a long shot plus some of them hit the bar which makes me aggravates

eventhough my team loss but mostly my player being the MoTM because lack of finishing upfront

Raikian has a very nice 433, in my suggested template. I'll find it for you.

I downloaded this tactic earlier this morning to give it a go :) I made a few changes to it, but I do enjoy it, I still can't see the closing down like I saw it when I lost to you in the network game... did you use certain shouts? Hassle opponents, stay on feet?

I dropped the Stl to Amc to add a bit more to the midfield and to cement that gap to add more closing down options than having him up in the front :)

if you are interested I will upload the changed version?

I am using it as one of my 3 tactics at the moment ;)

Feel free, there was no shouts, would you mind uploading some screenshots of you're results with this tactic. I changed it to a 4231 occasionally against top teams.

oh ok and feel free to upload the 4231 version. The SLB result is good though. City one not too bad. Once adapted it can be great!

i still find it so akward when opponent goes deep then had a long pass through the wing there not one of my back whom closing down to the mid to avoid attacker lay a goal on the net. could use a hint one or two....

tight man marking for your fullbacks and wingers, here is my version with these and some other changes :)

View attachment 239471

Shouts:

Retain possession/hassle opponents/pass into space/stay on feet/work ball into box

OK thanks, I'll take a look. I rarely use shouts but on this new tactic I'm making I am. Which do you prefer for my tactic, 424 or 4231?

I never use the 424 one long enough :) I love both formations, they are my two favourites...

oh ok nice. What is you're favourite formation of FM. Mine has to be 4-2-4, it has everything.

tight man marking for your fullbacks and wingers, here is my version with these and some other changes :)

View attachment 239471

Shouts:

Retain possession/hassle opponents/pass into space/stay on feet/work ball into box

Can you post some screens wih the tatic? And also players instructions if possible? Thanks

please note, this is Callums tactic thread, not mine!

its the same as Callums, dropping the Stl to the Amc, all the changes were made to the PI's of each player!

The team instructions were altered slightly so there is not much difference...

Thanks Raikan, looks nice. Slightly altered but it should defo work. Will get back to you another time on how it is.

Cheers.

any advice on away games? keep getting spunked on using both tactics in this thread.

cheers

Last edited:
any advice on away games? keep getting spunked on using both tactics in this thread.

cheers

Try putting 5 at the back or simply play counter-attacking football. Or use the shouts 'Clear ball to flanks' 'retain possession' 'work ball into box'