Comprehensive Test Of Mr L's Tactics - (including his new ones)

jesaustralia

Premium
Reaction score
With new information at hand, Mr L has been able to make a tactic that is so high scoring that even your grandma would enjoy FM. It literally eats Rock and Tripletweak for breakfast, lunch, dinner and late-night snacks!"

WOOOW BY MR LANGVATN - DOWNLOAD CLICK HERE

WOOOW INVERTED - DOWNLOAD CLICK HERE

PLAYER ATTRIBUTES

STAFF REQUIREMENTS

All For You Guys
- Completed in 4 days working from morning-late evening - I'm exhausted! - But to all who read this please like this thread &
Welcome Back to FM13

Lets get it all started! - First on behalf of myself and Mr L I just wanna say thank you to will1981 for making the database - without him we wouldn't have been able to do this comprehensive and precise testing.

The Method/Framework Of The Testing:

Me & Mr.L used FMRTE to make tactics fluid, to set max morale and fitness before first match, we also used a custom database made by Will1981, but edited by Mr L
We used an assistant manager to pick the team before every match
training is set to team cohesion and att.movement
There's no team talks (to rule out as much random effects as we could)

Every tactic were tested using 4 templates in the hardest league possible which is the premier league. Mr L were testing the extreme underdog - Underdog level & I Jesaustralia were testing the Sub top level - Top level.
That meant MR L were in charge of the CA 145 test & the CA 165 test

This gave 76 matches per tactic using 145 & 165 CA combined results and adds up to a very precise test. The same was done with the 185 & 200 CA.

Me & Mr.L bought a program called FMRTE to make tactics fully fluid instantely very useful for tactic testing purposes.

Before looking at the final results I recommend you read the next section as its very important to your success with any of these tactics.

TRAINING - VERY IMPORTANT!

(This is different from my other threads - NOT COVERED!)

When starting a new game:
Any 1st season teams should build the team gel level it will be very low in the first season and shall probably be focussed upon the whole season -

The same goes for teams that buy new players - Do this untill team gel level reach "Extremely Strong Understanding" the level before "Die for each other"

How to do this:
Team cohesion - Intensity=Very High - 50% - Teamwork - Rest before & After Match

Your Team: "Extremely Strong Understanding"
Tactics/Fitness - Intensity=Very High - 50% - Attacking Movement/Defensive Positioning - Rest before & After Match

You can switch between Tactics & Fitness like August-January=Tactics
And January-June=Fitness

Or do it 1 season at a time totally up to you! - Your goal is to give preference to Strenght - Workrate - Stamina and all the mental skills (Pace is not important)

Preeseason:
Goal=Fully Fluid 100%
Put Tactic in the 3 Tactic Slots on the tactic screen

Team Cohesion - Very high - 50 % - Tactics

Arrange 8 Training Matches 4 away vs simular or better opponent
4 Away vs. Lesser Opponent
Win or Lose is insignificant in training matches

MR L's Tactics Tested Comprehensively
I'm gonna show you 3 Images one for the best underdog tactic one for the best topteam and one for a more extreme top team but with less accuracy to it.

Underdog Results Table Below:
696676d1414323956-comprehensive-test-mr-ls-tactics-including-his-new-ones-underdog-mid-team-table.jpg

Top Team Results Table Below:
696753d1414328251-comprehensive-test-mr-ls-tactics-including-his-new-ones-sub-top-top-team-table-sorted.jpg

Extreme Top Team Table Below (Less Precise):
696680d1414323993-comprehensive-test-mr-ls-tactics-including-his-new-ones-200.jpg

I have never had real success with MR L's old tactics, but I was new to the game when trying them so it wasn't the tactics that failed, but me not doing the correct things, so it has been healthy for me to see how well these tactics work and I have definitely changed my mind towards Mr. Langvatn both as a person but also his expertise is very unique and unbeatable when it comes to tactic creation.

All the tactics are of a very high quality and can be used with huge success, but in the underdog test the 4-1-4-1 Rock classic was a clear winner and is highly recommended to use for lesser teams. Remember to use the training above.

The Sub Top - Top team test seemed to have several options, but was all the old legends ofcause 4-1-4-1 Rock Classic - 4-4-2 Trippletweak & 4-5-1 Trippletweak that ran off with the glory.

I will say their is one tactic where you can't read from the table what its capable off because we didn't include this tests against the top only home and away. A tactic that consistantly beat all the big guns in England was the 4-3-3 and is very suitable for the Spanish League since many teams use the 4231 formation which 4-3-3 humiliates so beautifully. I will adapt 4-3-3 with my barca team when I go back to that save.

Download All The Screenshots

Download MR L's Tactics HERE

Comment - Like

CHEERS & ENJOY!

Last edited:
Brilliant, just brilliant.

My huge thank you for both Jesaustralia and Mr. Langvatn!

You guys make playing FM13 fun again.

Kudos! Brilliant! Lots of appreciation for your hardwork guys!!! Amazing Amazing work!!!

I see that the sub-top & top team test results aren't sorted, so I've done that now and sent it to Jes, so this will be updated shortly.

Eventually, I will possibly try to further improve some of the best tactics in the sub-top & top team table, as well as perhaps test other tactics, but at the moment we are very tired, so need a break first :)

It seems if you start as a smaller team, 4141 will bring joy and as you improve your squad a temporary jump to 451 will improve results, if you want more goals then switch to 442 but if your prefer to concede less goals remain 451, results will likely be almost the same.

Applauds you both for all the hard work and time you have out into this test. Very comprehensive testing and many thanks from me for doing this.

I am just kind of sad that the new tactics didnt dethrone the old ones. They seemed so much more exciting

It seems if you start as a smaller team, 4141 will bring joy and as you improve your squad a temporary jump to 451 will improve results, if you want more goals then switch to 442 but if your prefer to concede less goals remain 451, results will likely be almost the same.

I think its also a personal preference thing - because in all honesty 4-1-4-1 Rock Classic will perform strongly no matter what as long that you follow the Training above. Also as I said a hidden gem is in the bunch 433 maybe didn't perform like the old classics but against the big guns man.city - man.u - chelsea etc it was the star of the show and you can't see that from this test so that's why im telling you. If you have a great team that can probably become your favourite formation if you like winning 5-0 away vs manchester city I mean :) . Extreme top team only though and that same thing goes for The tribute.

If you are looking for a good tactic just they will all be good, but underdog wise 4141 rock classic is superior followed by the
4231 deep purple (Surprised me). You should all take a look at the screenshots that i uploaded for you all

Specialized skills will enhance all these tactics - make them better.

Cheers

Champion: Remember that results might be different when you have a specialized team for the tactic you choose. And that the new tactics have much more desirable formations. As you can see, some of the new tactics are not far behind the old top tactics, which I think is really cool.

Champion: Remember that results might be different when you have a specialized team for the tactic you choose. And that the new tactics have much more desirable formations. As you can see, some of the new tactics are not far behind the old top tactics, which I think is really cool.

Yep, I am currently building a side around the 4231 Deep Purple which seems quite good both from a results point of view and formation point of view.

I also think that real world results would probably be better for all the tactics, because if I am not mistaken each team with your tactic is of a similar level, hence for the top test there are like 6 or 7 teams who are super world class.

Yep, I am currently building a side around the 4231 Deep Purple which seems quite good both from a results point of view and formation point of view.

I also think that real world results would probably be better for all the tactics, because if I am not mistaken each team with your tactic is of a similar level, hence for the top test there are like 6 or 7 teams who are super world class.

The tactic test is this time put in a "real world" environment, the English Premier League :) Check the rar file for all screenshots from the tactic test :)

The difference between this and a real game is the test team only, which has to have flat stats not to favor certain tactics.

Last edited:
Mr. langvatn, do you recommend ticking Assisstant applies opposition instructions for your 4231 deep purple?

WOOOW

Ok.. ok.. I don't even have words for this. It did in 26 games what the Rock Classic did in 38 games... It is so high scoring that even your grandma would enjoy FM. It literally eats Rock and Tripletweak for breakfast, lunch, dinner and late-night snack! With a top team, this could score over 200 goals per season easily. It just keeps scoring, scoring, scoring, scoring, it never stops! Every single game is a big win!

I can't even find a name for the tactic that does it justice, so I am just going to call it WOOOW.

Last edited:
Ok.. ok.. I don't even have words for this. I think this tactic beats this engine as hard as the Diablo tactic did back in the day. It did in 26 games what the Rock Classic did in 38 games... With a top team, this could score over 200 goals per season easily. It just keeps scoring, scoring, scoring, scoring, it never stops! Every single game is a big win! I can't even find a name for the tactic that does it justice, so I am just going to call it WOOOW.

WOWOWOWOWOWOWOOWOWOWOWOWO!