Comprehensive Test Of Mr L's Tactics - (including his new ones)

I will add testing the marcelo made me wanna use it for my new save with Tottenham I don't have amazing regent players but i do have some very strong alternatives, my finances though is a little in trouble, but i think i can easily get that back on track as well. My newest signing is Falcao signed very cheap 28m pounds but I enjoy Lukaku maybe more and even more the very talented Neal Maupay who probably is one of the biggest talents on the striker front in the beginning of the game. I play the game very differently from when I managed Barca not relying at all on pace and put all in to strenght and workrate which is king in fm13 according to others. If I see dramatic improvements with that then I agree, but I still am fan of flair and creativity and pace so I will always be doubting strenght and workrate is king unless it shows me something different.

Cheers

I just finished the season with Stoke... Media prediction was to finish 13th... Lost in FA Cup S/F to Chelsea... Did have a bad run of results in late December and through January, where I won 4, drew 2 and lost 6... Without that bad run of results could have finished higher than I did with the 4-2-2-2 tactic.. Screenshot of league..

View attachment 317042

I just finished the season with Stoke... Media prediction was to finish 13th... Lost in FA Cup S/F to Chelsea... Did have a bad run of results in late December and through January, where I won 4, drew 2 and lost 6... Without that bad run of results could have finished higher than I did with the 4-2-2-2 tactic.. Screenshot of league..

View attachment 733848

That surprised me alot, but i did say that this tactic is very good defensively - January in game can break any man :)
Probably real life too :)

Great result makes me think i should test this tactic maybe a little further

cheers mate

Rock Classic just propelled my FC Halifax team to the Prem League and they won the FA Cup as a Champ team. Very happy with you guys tactics keep up the good work

Rock Classic just propelled my FC Halifax team to the Prem League and they won the FA Cup as a Champ team. Very happy with you guys tactics keep up the good work

I wanna add - this tactic is created by Mr.Langvatn who have created many success tactics for fm13 and this one for patch 13.3.3 is one of the best tactics to take a lesser skilled team to the top - Their are several stories about extremely poor teams even media prediction 24 that ends up promoting or winning the championship of some sort. If you don't mind playing with 1 striker or less beautiful play on the pitch - but more efficient and tight organization in the defensive zones and your priority is success!! More important than anything else then 4141 rock classic is probably the strongest tactic of them all.

Its a very special tactic - If you didn't know another highly Mr.Langvatn classic is 442 trippletweak and 451 trippletweak - should be highly recommended as well - Many success stories about these as well.

Cheers mate

First 5-10 games i used FrustratingWife tactic it worked like a monster but i didnt like the formation so i switched the WOOW instead

For me wooow is a tactic that will blossom when you get the regents highly developed - so in 4-6 seasons wooow will be amazing for you I think.

Cheers mate

Fast update with WOOW tactic in the second season. Only conceded 3 goals in the league didnt score too much either. Same thing in CL maybe because of Diego Costa is injured 2 months or i am using defensive positioning training. I am really happy with the results. Cheers!
View attachment 308300View attachment 308299

Fast update with WOOW tactic in the second season. Only conceded 3 goals in the league didnt score too much either. Same thing in CL maybe because of Diego Costa is injured 2 months or i am using defensive positioning training. I am really happy with the results. Cheers!
View attachment 754487View attachment 754489

While this is great and probably will continue that way wooow is an attacking tactic and its highly recommended that you go with
Team cohesion - intensity very high - 50% - Attacking movement - rest before & after match + individually rest them straight after the match so they regain some of the condition as close as possible to 100% condition. If you set it to what I just suggested I'm almost certain that your results will improve even more.

Cheers mate

At the moment i switched the training attacking movement in december month and results are still amazing!! Started to scoring more goals and still good in the def. Diego costa is back and my team is still invincible!

English is not my mother language. Sorry if i make some grammer wrongs heeheh!!

View attachment 308282

Thanks for the tips mate!!

Last edited:
View attachment 307755View attachment 307754

I started off in The Blue Square North using Woow all the way until I hit League 1. I started both Championship seasons with Woow as well but after ending in 10th the 1st season and switching to Rock Classic during that mid season I figured out Rock Classic worked much better for my weaker team in this tougher League. The second season I played the 1st couple games with Woow and then ran away with the title after switching to Rock Classic for good. My team even beat Man U in a ugly 1-0 battle to win the FA Cup!! Thanks for the help and a great thread. I may switch back to wooow after a couple seasons of building in the Prem League

View attachment 755906View attachment 755908

I started off in The Blue Square North using Woow all the way until I hit League 1. I started both Championship seasons with Woow as well but after ending in 10th the 1st season and switching to Rock Classic during that mid season I figured out Rock Classic worked much better for my weaker team in this tougher League. The second season I played the 1st couple games with Woow and then ran away with the title after switching to Rock Classic for good. My team even beat Man U in a ugly 1-0 battle to win the FA Cup!! Thanks for the help and a great thread. I may switch back to wooow after a couple seasons of building in the Prem League

Wooow is created for a world beater team full of regents not for a small team. 4141rock classic is perfect for small teams a world beater in its own way.

Cheers

Is there one of the tactics that gives high possession?

As far as I know - these tactics are not created with the vision of having lots of possession however their is always the occassional match where the opponents attributes are lacking in possession areas and these tactics will give you possession.

Strenght in these tactics are efficiency and a very solid defensive positioning that makes it hard for the opponent teams to score, that's the core of most of these tactics which I find pretty cool in its own way. If you wanna try something that has lots of possession I can recommend:

The Frankenstein - 10+ Home & Away

Here's what this tactic can do - 13-0 RMA-Barca

Cheers

I've got a challenge going on with Arsenal FC at the moment (1st season) where my plan is to make zero signings and just bring through youngsters. Which of the many formations do you think would fit Arsenals first season squad best? I've tried a few but struggling although have had key players injured too. Any help would be great!

I've got a challenge going on with Arsenal FC at the moment (1st season) where my plan is to make zero signings and just bring through youngsters. Which of the many formations do you think would fit Arsenals first season squad best? I've tried a few but struggling although have had key players injured too. Any help would be great!

Can you mention the player names that you have available? - In short 4-1-4-1 rock classic will probably make you champion

Make sure your team training is in the beginning like below:

Team cohesion - low intensity - 50% - Match training - Teamwork rest day before & after match - I can add rest players individually after each match as well to generate more condition for the players which equals better results long term.

When your team gel reach Strong understanding - I will consider changing it too Attacking movement, but not before. Team cohesion should be on all season long year in year out forever!!!

If you start to buy alot of players match training should be team work untill - strong understanding has arrived.

When your big talents starts to develop I recommend either Wooow - 442 Tripple tweak - 4141rock classic or
Frankenstein 2nd visit

Wooow has the potential to be the best tactic defensively and offensively in a test I did which I should have finished but my save got corrupted - the tendency was 240 goals in La Primera Division and hardly any conceedes. It demands extremely good players to achieve that. 4141 Rock classic is the clearly best underdog tactic - their isn't a better tactic for weaker teams - I think Mr Langvatn can be extremely proud of this one - Pick a team and off you go kind off. 442 Tripple tweak is one of the best tactics out their and for a team like Tottenham - Arsenal - Liverpool and maybe even Everton it will perform strongly.

Frankenstein 2nd visit which is a bwomper creation inspired by the Elhazel formation and inspired tweaks from
Mr. Langvatn and myself is a very strong tactic that I personally love to play with - When your team is very good this tactic will crash the game meaning beating the likes of FC Barcelona with 10-0 - The demands is the same as Wooow extremely good players, but I am doing a Crystal Palace carreer myself where I feel very good players will be enough. I don't think Arsenal in season 1 will be ready for that though. Get your team blend up first to strong understanding then consider switching to Frankenstein 2nd visit -

A good advice from me - Looking at stats from my Crystal Palace carreer - Olivier Giroud (get 4 of him) he is a goal machine I have seen him score 61 goals I think it was season 1 absolutely uncomparable.

Transfers to seriously look at:
Dede CD
Kara CD - Find him in Gent in belgium - (Serigne Modou Kara Mbodj)
Laporte CD
Pogba DM/CM
Koke DM/CM
Oxlade-Chamberlain Winger Don't remember which side, but you have him (Great player)
Walcott RW You have him
Sturridge RW
Lamela LW
Stambouli DM/CM
Jese' LW - He's a bad boy - only get him if you play him (constantly in the media in my carreer with Crystal p)
Osil CAM you have him I think
Wilshere CAM you have him I think
V.Fischer LW/SC - Don't get him if you wanna play him on the left wing - not good enough
Crisetig - DM/CM - Bargain player that will develop fast if getting playing time
Wanyama - DM/CM
Reus - LW amazing winger
Courtois - GK one of the best goalkeepers
S. Strandberg CD bargain
Jonjo Shelvey CM Swansea - retrain to DM
A.Knockaert LW great winger
Will Hughes DM/CM/AM Big talent and very consistant once he developes
Neal Maupay - SC The first thing you should find in your save starting a new game (Best striker talent from the beginning)
Hervin Ongenda - SC Another amazing striker talent - Check these players out in youtube they are amazing
J.Tomkins CD
C.Fierro SC
Lukaku SC One of the best strikers in the beginning of the game
O.Giroud SC Obviously - you got him
Daniel Agger - CD - He went back to Brondby in Denmark so you can probably get him cheap and sell him for 18m pounds
Praet - CAM
Tielemans CAM
Simone Colombi GK bargain talent
Hatem Ben Arfa Winger - heard he should be great - I've never had him
Lacazette - Talented striker another amazing french striker that knows how to entertain the crowd
R.Barkley CAM
Falcao - SC - Another goal machine but aging one
Oblak GK talent
Schneijderlin DM/CM - probably spelled wrong
Helenius SC bargain danish striker - can go all the way like Giroud
Cornelius SC bargain danish striker - can go all the way like Giroud
Draxler winger
J.Green DM/CM
Iker Muniain LW - Amazing spanish winger world class in the future
G.Deulofeu LRW
H.Mastour CAM
S.Khedira DM/CM
A.Halilovic RW/CAM
E.Mangala CD amazing quick and french defender
T.Vilhena CAM talent
A.Maher CAM talent
Kylian Hazard CAM talent
F.Ronnow danish goalkeeper
A.Ramsey CM/CAM - I would retrain him to DM and give him box to box training schedule or complete forward
A.Diaby CAM great player

Their is plenty of players in the game to create 5-6 classy teams and ofcause alot of players has not been mentioned for obvious reasons - I reckon you are already aware of Messi - C.Ronaldo etc.

Cheers & I hope it helps

Well I used WOW and made some few changes, just made it look like normal 4-5-1 nothing else and I started with Workington in BSS which was predicted to finish 15th.

first season,

View attachment 280785

on the other hand I must say 4-1-4-1 Rock Classic is so far the best tactic, I have once made Southport to championship, I have quited while I was in mid-table probably because I was just tired, I could have continued it and aim for premier league but well..

Last edited: