hera

Reaction score
Hi.

I bought a new laptop few days ago and after installing FM i got 5 full five stars regarding the computer performance. However, today I wanted to create a new game and now it shows only 4 full stars. Is in normal? I've installed some programs in the meantime but not many.

I wonder because yesterday I might have installed some ****** virus called hacktool :/

edit: Now I even got 3 stars...

Last edited:
My star rating varies widely as well. Just depends on what processes are working etc. I wouldnt be too concerned.

Hmm, mines never dropped below 5 stars. However, I'm quite confident that the game does assess your computers spec either each time you start the game, or at least quite regularly. My guess is that you've done something to lower your PC's performance? Perhaps added a lot of programmes that run in the background, therefore reducing your computers processing power? I honestly couldn't say for sure, you might be better trying to find out on the official SI forum?

I've noticed that the stars used to vary on my old computer but now I'm concerned.

Yesterday I download sth that had hacktool.akqq hidden but I ordered my anti-virus to ignore it as I thought it was a false alarm. After that I noticed my computer had slowed down, starting takes much longer than before. I think this may be the case here :/ my first virus since 7 years and on a brand new lap... ehh

Thanks for the replies though.

The stars vary especially depending on the size of the database used and the number of countries selected. Personally I've not see it affect performance drastically.

Mine varies from 3 to 1 and a half, just depends on what else is running I think, I havent noticed a difference though