gthame1992

Reaction score
View attachment 762116

CA Bastia

Conan Fear takes over CA Bastia in the French National, wants to make his mark by getting them back into Ligue 2 in his first season after the club got relegated from the division the season before.

The Manager

View attachment 762131 View attachment 762132 View attachment 762134

The Irish born Englishman was born in Ireland to English parents, spent 5 years from the age of 17 to 21 playing semi-pro football in Ireland with a minor team until a broken arm took him out of playing as he was a goalkeeper, Conan spent 3 years getting his coaching badges to be good, he's more of a business manager than coaching but do know how to coach attack, defence and fitness, which for a former goalkeeper he can't coach goalkeeping.

Tactic

View attachment 762138 View attachment 762141

I'm looking to play a 4-2-4 wide tactic, some of the instructions may change over the season on results base.

Key Player

View attachment 762149

Jean-Francois Grimaldi looks to me to be my countable on player, he got 2 teams after him so I think I need to keep him over anything else.

If I need to add anything to the team at the moment would be staff members all I have to start with is a fitness coach, nothing else, first to get a assistant manager.​

Interesting introduction. I enjoy the french league! Played as RC Lens in last years game for a few seasons

Interesting introduction. I enjoy the french league! Played as RC Lens in last years game for a few seasons

Thanks, this is my first time playing a team in the french league, I'm more suited to English/Scottish teams.

Thanks, this is my first time playing a team in the french league, I'm more suited to English/Scottish teams.

It's alot different and will take the guts of a season to get used to it.

View attachment 762587

Preseason Update

Transfers

View attachment 762591

As we can see, 3 players have came in and 1 out, goalkeeper Sebastien Lombard was upset by him getting replaced as captain so I thought offer him mutual termination of his contract and he agree to do so. Coming in was former Montpellier and AC Arles Avignon midfielder William Aho Abou, former FC Sochaux and SM Caen midfieler Ibrahima Tandia and also Enzo Crivelli from Bordeaux on a season long loan he looks he can be useful as a backup to the current strikers.

Staff

View attachment 762592

The former Real Madrid defender Francisco Pavon comes in as my assistant manager.

Friendlies

Hyeres FC 1-3 CA Bastia
Hyeres Goalscorer: Nicolas Raynier (4).
CA Bastia Goalscorers: Sebastien Blanc own goal (21), Vincent Le Mat (58) and Romain Pastorelli (84).

CA Bastia 1-3 EA Guingamp
CA Bastia Goalscorer: Reynald Lemaitre own goal (1).
EA Guingamp Goalscorers: Christophe Mandanne (14), Benjamin Angoua (45+2) and Ladislas Douniama (54).

CA Bastia 2-2 AC Ajaccio
CA Bastia Goalscorers: William Aho Abou (1) and Madimoussa Traore (8).
AC Ajaccio Goalscorers: Dennis Oliech (14) and Pierre-Francois Moracchini (46).

CA Bastia 1-4 RC Lens
CA Bastia Goalscorer: Renaud Ripart (pen 83).
RC Lens Goalscorers: Adamo Coulibaly (1), Pablo Chavarria (7) and Deme N'Diaye (25, 25).

Avignon Foot 84 1-5 CA Bastia
Avignon Foot 84 Goalscorer: Claude Pineau (37).
CA Bastia Goalscorers: Julien Toudic (16), Ibrahima Tandia (20), Madimoussa Traore (42, 48) and Enzo Crivelli (80).

August fixtures

9/8/14: Le Poire-sur-Vie VF vs CA Bastia (National)
13/8/14: CA Bastia vs Clermont Foot (Coupe De La Ligue 1st Round)
16/8/14: CA Bastia vs Vendee Lucon (National)
23/8/14: CA Bastia vs RC Strasbourg Alsace (National)
27/8/14: AS Nancy or FC Sochaux vs CA Bastia or Clermont Foot (Coupe De La Ligue 2nd Round)
30/8/14: US Avranches vs CA Bastia (National)