concede a lot, 3 clean sheets last season need help defending

btwo5

Reaction score
I'm playing on the iPad, going into my 4th season i believe

i play 4-2-2-2 control

last season i finished 6th scoring 88 goals but conceded 67 with only 3 clean sheets

home record p19 w13 d2 l4 scored 45 conceded 23
away record p19 w6 d6 l7 scored 43 conceded 44

i basically need a tactic i can use for away games, if anyone has any favourites that will suit my attacking style let me know, its hard to incorporate them on iPad as i can't copy tactics on

id like some advice on how i can keep scoring many but try not to concede so much

if you need any more screenshots just let me know

Last edited:
What kind of goals are you conceding? Are you getting exposed in the middle? With such an attacking 4-4-2, you will probably need both your CMs to sit rather than them getting forward.

I will probably consider dropping tight marking as well so that every player can position themselves to intercept the passes.

What kind of goals are you conceding? Are you getting exposed in the middle? With such an attacking 4-4-2, you will probably need both your CMs to sit rather than them getting forward.

I will probably consider dropping tight marking as well so that every player can position themselves to intercept the passes.

some are the goals are just the defenders won't even both to tackle, i see them running but won't do **** and others are defence splitting pass

You may have to curb your attacking mentality abit, maybe try a real 4-4-2 or some sort of asymmetric formation like 4-3(CM-CM-ML)-1(AMR)-1(AMRC)-1. That gives you abit more defensive stability as they will drop deeper when defending. Do note that attacking players with attacking duty will not drop deep enough or defend too much.

don't use Tight Marking, sometimes it just give the opponent some free space on counter attacks, because 2 defenders try to chase one guy, and there is always an empty space on the back