Conceding from crosses and counter attacks.

Just picking up on the idea that the OP's tactics were too gung-ho and that was why his team were being picked off, these screenshots show the tactics I have been using (in FM16) in my three seasons with Aston Villa. First season, we won the Championship with 106 points; 2nd season, finished 6th in the Premier League and qualified for the Europa League; 3rd season, currently have a game in-hand at matchday 9 that could take me up to 3rd:

View attachment 122107 View attachment 122106 View attachment 122105

These are examples of tactics that strike a balance between defence and attack. I can tweak them to go more offensive when I want to, and switch from one to another when I want to change things up. Equally, I can go defensive and hunker down to protect a lead when I need to. I'm not saying you should use these tactics but browse through them and just think about how the centre back partnerships work, how the wide men work together, what the front men are doing, etc. and how you can influence your players to work together within your overall tactical set-up in such a way that makes you an attacking threat but doesn't over-expose you at the back.

Last edited: