Belhadj

Reaction score
Ok so here's a bit of a situation.
I got me a nice set of tactics, one home and one away, that are working impressively well. I'm playing as MK Dons and over the 8 years of the game I got to the premier league top half. Last year I finished 5th, so far so good. That said, the tactics are lacking in one thing. last season I scored 76 goals which was 4th best in the league, but conceded 61 which is in the bottom half. the formation is a 4-4-2 narrow diamond and offensively it is perfect but defensively my wings are exposed, most of the goals I concede are from crosses and even though I match my width to the opponents formation, I can't seem to limit the threat on the wings. I don't want to change the formation because offensively I'd never had something this good (I beat Barcelona and Real Madrid at home 4-2 and 5-2) but it's really rare to keep a clean sheet, I get only a few a season. So what can you recommend to help fix my wings defensively?
Happy to hear your suggestions.

Don't leave the wings exposed and stop the crosses before they come in.

Last edited:
Ok, I'm asking how do I provide cover for the wings in a narrow diamond without messing up my offensive flow, which is too good to ruin right now. Do you have a recommendation?

Ok, I'm asking how do I provide cover for the wings in a narrow diamond without messing up my offensive flow, which is too good to ruin right now. Do you have a recommendation?
You need to then find a balance between offence and defence.