Conceding goals ? Where is my problem ?

snitch91

Reaction score
Hello everyone ! I play with Man City.In my first season I win the title and Capital One Cup,but...
My team conceding a lot of goals,though to score...I dont know WHY ? Somebody help me...
I play with Anchor and Advanced Playmaker...I looked at the statistics and found that I conceding most in the Centre...I Untick "Close Down Less" of my Anchor and tick "Close Down More",but without effect...
Here it is...I wanna be ready for new season...with new philosophy...
View attachment 219522View attachment 219516View attachment 219515
Player Instructions:
Joe Hart : Distribute Quickly
David Alaba : Shoot Less,Close Down Less,Tackle Hard,Pass it Short,Fewer Risky Passes,Cross Aim Centre
Kolarov: -----------More Direct Passes,More Risky Passes-------------
CD: Close Down Less,Mark Tigher,Pass it shorter
Zabaleta: Shoot Less,Close Down Less,Tackle Hard,More Direct Passes,Risky Passes,Cross Aim Centre
Dani Carvajal: -----------------Pass it Shorter,Fewer Risky Passes---------------
AnchorMan: Close Down More,Tackle Harder
Anchor - Fernandinho,Yaya Toure - More Direct Passes
Anchor - Others - Pass it shorter
Adv Playmaker - Close Down More,Tackle Harder
AP Yaya Toure - Roam from Position,More Direct Passes
AP Fernandinho or David Silva - More Direct Passes
AP Others - Pass it Shorter
Wingers Right\Left - Shoot Less,Close Down More,Cross Aim Centre
Winger David Silva - Roam From Position,More Direct Passes,More Risky Passes
Winger Kolarov - More Direct Passes,More Risky Passes
Winger Others - Pass it shorter
Strikers - Shoot Less,Close Down Much More
Striker Aguero - More Direct Passes,Moves into Channels
Striker Cavani - Roam From Position,More Direct Passes,Moves into Channels
Other Strikers - Pass it shorter

Jheez you could run a train through that midfield its soo open. Dont you get shouts from your assman that your getting overrun in midfield.

I don't know if it's just me but it seems like there are an awful lot of instructions there, and for different players playing the same position you have different instructions, even though they might do completely different things, so the whole tactic could work better with one player and his instructions than the other.

An anchorman closing down more will probably act less like an anchorman in that he won't hold his position as much.

Apart from that, most of your team instructions seem to be counter attack focussed, yet you have the mentality set to control, and the fluidity as highly structured. I'm not sure how well that lends itself to counter attacking.

Come on boys,tell me where's the problem in my tactics ...

Come on boys,tell me where's the problem in my tactics ...
We can't guess. You have a massive amount of TIs and a massive amount of PIs.

Why did you ignore the very first question you got from Brendn?

If I were to guess, I'd say you are WAY too direct. In other words, you're getting the ball forward too early, before there is support. Clear Ball to Flanks + More Direct Passing TI + More Direct PIs (as an example) increases the passing 3 times. Why did you feel the need to do this? Why clear the ball to the flanks if you have a Target Man who's job it is to receive these balls?

You also have very different instructions depending on who you play, so that alters the tactic too. So again, you tell us. What exactly is the problem?

We can't guess. You have a massive amount of TIs and a massive amount of PIs.

Why did you ignore the very first question you got from Brendn?

If I were to guess, I'd say you are WAY too direct. In other words, you're getting the ball forward too early, before there is support. Clear Ball to Flanks + More Direct Passing TI + More Direct PIs (as an example) increases the passing 3 times. Why did you feel the need to do this? Why clear the ball to the flanks if you have a Target Man who's job it is to receive these balls?

You also have very different instructions depending on who you play, so that alters the tactic too. So again, you tell us. What exactly is the problem?

My team conceding a lot of goals,mainly in the center...What can I do ?
I change Mentality - Control --> Counter and Team Shape - Highly Structured --> Flexible
I untick "Clear Ball to Flanks"...What else ?

My team conceding a lot of goals,mainly in the center...What can I do ?
I change Mentality - Control --> Counter and Team Shape - Highly Structured --> Flexible
I untick "Clear Ball to Flanks"...What else ?
Okay, I'll play along. So why did you change mentality, shape and remove the TI?

Why do you use an Anchor Man? The role is instructed to sit in front of the defence and screen them or intercept balls played to strikers. In other words - not a role that's really going to close down a lot, yet that's what you want from it?

Okay, I'll play along. So why did you change mentality, shape and remove the TI?
I play better on the counter...about "clear ball to flanks" your right ! But what to do with problems in the center ? Use Anchorman but apparently no effect... Some advice ?
Realy I get shouts from my Assistant that "getting overrun in midfield".

Why do you use an Anchor Man? The role is instructed to sit in front of the defence and screen them or intercept balls played to strikers. In other words - not a role that's really going to close down a lot, yet that's what you want from it?
I know that !!!
But I did not know what to do...I was raised hands

I play better on the counter...about "clear ball to flanks" your right ! But what to do with problems in the center ? Use Anchorman but apparently no effect... Some advice ?

Why did you go for that strange formation? Also, as I asked, you're using an Anchor Man, but it doesn't even seem like you want one?

My advice? WATCH matches back. Watch how you're conceding goals. I'm going to hazard a guess and say their players are finding space in the gap between defence and midfield.

I know that !!!
But I did not know what to do...I was raised hands
If you know that, then why use the role? Why not something else that's more suited to what you want?

Again, what kind of goals are you conceding?

I analyzed some errors in tactics...
I lose the ball,when goalkeeper kicking...I untick "distribute quickly" from Joe Hart
I conceding goals from corners and lose the ball from centre...
I lose the ball,when defenders clears to flanks...
How fix problems in centre...

So still not taken my advice then? Look, if you're going to be lazy, you can't expect help.

I analyzed some errors in tactics...
I lose the ball,when goalkeeper kicking...I untick "distribute quickly" from Joe Hart
I conceding goals from corners and lose the ball from centre...
I lose the ball,when defenders clears to flanks...
How fix problems in centre...
The main problem is you have just one player in midfield in toure, once they bypass him its easy peasy. Perhaps switch silva from Winger to wideplaymaker support so youll have a bit more support in midfield. Get rid of the anchor man and change it to defmid if you want him to close down. You would perhaps be better off playing one striker as changeing cavani to a deeplying striker might just take up your wideplaymakers position. Like WJ said watch one full game and see were the problems are, trust me you will learn alot.

So still not taken my advice then? Look, if you're going to be lazy, you can't expect help.
Listened to your advice and I found some problems...those that I have listed

The main problem is you have just one player in midfield in toure, once they bypass him its easy peasy. Perhaps switch silva from Winger to wideplaymaker support so youll have a bit more support in midfield. Get rid of the anchor man and change it to defmid if you want him to close down. You would perhaps be better off playing one striker as changeing cavani to a deeplying striker might just take up your wideplaymakers position. Like WJ said watch one full game and see were the problems are, trust me you will learn alot.
It doesn't even have to be a full game. 10-15mins shows a lot. The build up to goals will as well.