craig9045

Reaction score
I've been playing brilliantly in my Swansea save (well.. in the first 60 minutes). It seems that most of the time my defence seem to switch off towards the end of the game.

I've adjusted the tactics, even changed formation to get solidity but I still give away late goals!

Anyone else getting this?

I've been playing brilliantly in my Swansea save (well.. in the first 60 minutes). It seems that most of the time my defence seem to switch off towards the end of the game.

I've adjusted the tactics, even changed formation to get solidity but I still give away late goals!

Anyone else getting this?

Any match your team is leading will force the opposition AI to change tactics and make substitutions.

You should keep an eye on any of those changes and react accordingly and promptly, with tactics and opposition instructions.

Hope this helps :)

Are you doing touchline shouts? Are your defenders getting tired? What sort of tactic are you using? I find most of the late goals i concede are because my defence are tired or i have said the wrong thing at half time.

I pretty much always use shouts. Retain possessiona nd hassle opponents are the ones i usually use along with others.

The defence fitness isn't a problem, i've started a new save and although its lower leage and i sort of expect it, im still throwing away goals like nothing.

I litterally have to try and score 3 or 4 before i can relax!

Either using a 4 2 2 2 or a 4 2 1 2 1 Both of which use a DM.

I cant upload anything at the moment as im at work, it could just be something simple im doing wrong but im a casual FM player and been able to solve all problems on other versions of FM except my defensive lapses in this years!

Best attack in the league by miles (in my lower league save) but only just holding onto 1st as i keep letting them score and get the draw (sometimes even a win)

Anyone else seeing anything like this?

are the concentration stats of your defence high for the standard? it may be that they are switching off

I would not hassle opponents late in games. Your tired defenders will be out of position. Relax your pressing as the game goes on and if anything you should think about 'stand off opponents' and 'drop deeper'

Also consider moving an attacking player to an anchor man role. And if you are 2-0 up with half an hour to go, don't wait until they score to sure up your defence.

I had a severe case of this for well over 2 seasons and 30+ games conceding after 85 minutes. I found dropping the defensive line a little deeper helped somewhat but a majority of the time even if I micro-managed and played a blinder till the 85th a stray cross, or a stupid mistake/fluke goal would always occur. This screenshot is about half I bothered to shove together, I was posting in the Frustration thread about it for like a week :(

View attachment 313606