sharpy33

Reaction score
Im currently in my third season, I have become the manager of Wycombe, using a 4-2-3-1 tactic in my home games and 4-5-1 in my away matches. I still seem to concede shed loads of goals, it also happened with Chester my previous team. I could score 80+ goals a season, but would concede 60+. My team find it hard to keep clean sheets. It is becoming frustrating and could do with some help.

you need to give some more details on tactic pics etc do u want a new tactic or help with yours ??

With my 4-2-3-1 tactic, I play a balanced style, A controlling strategy. A short passing game, default creativity, pressing more, default tackling, zonal marking, defence pushing up, which I usually change to defend deeper, normal width and tempo, as some of my players tire pretty easily. My left and right sided defenders are as full backs with a defensive mentality, my two centre defenders have a defensive mentality, to try and tighten things up. I play a ball winning midfielder and a deep lying playmaker, my three attacking midfielders are out of position as i have only just took over the club, but there are two inside forwards with an attacking mentality and my central attacking midfielder to support , and a centre forward as a poacher. I have no problem scoring goals, but seem to get caught on the break from corners even though I have two defenders back at all times, and problems from the wings. Hence why all my defenders are set to defend

With my 4-2-3-1 tactic, I play a balanced style, A controlling strategy. A short passing game, default creativity, pressing more, default tackling, zonal marking, defence pushing up, which I usually change to defend deeper, normal width and tempo, as some of my players tire pretty easily. My left and right sided defenders are as full backs with a defensive mentality, my two centre defenders have a defensive mentality, to try and tighten things up. I play a ball winning midfielder and a deep lying playmaker, my three attacking midfielders are out of position as i have only just took over the club, but there are two inside forwards with an attacking mentality and my central attacking midfielder to support , and a centre forward as a poacher. I have no problem scoring goals, but seem to get caught on the break from corners even though I have two defenders back at all times, and problems from the wings. Hence why all my defenders are set to defend

try dropping ur defensive line back , then setting to rigid and defensive sounds strange i know, u might not score as much but should stop as many goals going in.

Thanks I will try that, hopefully it will stop the rot