therealpete

Reaction score
Currently playing in a attacking mentality with short possession at very low tempo.

Advanced forward

Left & Right Wingers on attack

CM on attack, advanced play maker on support, defensive mid on anchor man (triangle)

Left wing back on automatic, two CBs (cover/defend) right wing back on automatic

I have conceded 34 and have scored 35 but I'm losing really easy matches.. I really really need help. What info do I need to show to get help with this tactic?

Currently playing in a attacking mentality with short possession at very low tempo.

Advanced forward

Left & Right Wingers on attack

CM on attack, advanced play maker on support, defensive mid on anchor man (triangle)

Left wing back on automatic, two CBs (cover/defend) right wing back on automatic

I have conceded 34 and have scored 35 but I'm losing really easy matches.. I really really need help. What info do I need to show to get help with this tactic?
You posted in the wrong area, but it's not the end of the world.

The biggest issue, by far, is that you have an attacking mentality as well as half the team on attack duties. Both wingbacks will also have attack duties, because of the automatic duty you have chosen. This causes 2 issues:

- You're far too attacking with your roles/duties. With both wingbacks bombing forward aggressively, you need 2 midfielders who will be quite defensive. You really should be considering a double pivot of sorts, so the AP needs to change. Either that or rein in at least one wingback.

- You have very little movement up front. No one is working to create space for someone else to exploit. All you have is 6 players all bombing forward.

- Your short passing and lower tempo will just make this worse. You're allowing the defence to get set before you get there. The question is then, why on earth use an attacking mentality if you don't want to be that attacking and direct?

--------

Consider what I said about creating space and most importantly, have a proper plan of how you want to play. Who you're expecting to create and how. Who will be expected to score and how will that happen? How do you want to defend? Are you leaving enough players back to guard against counters. Do your players have proper passing options? Think about movement - who's dropping deep and who's taking that space or is it all congested in the box. Etc etc.

You posted in the wrong area, but it's not the end of the world.

The biggest issue, by far, is that you have an attacking mentality as well as half the team on attack duties. Both wingbacks will also have attack duties, because of the automatic duty you have chosen. This causes 2 issues:

- You're far too attacking with your roles/duties. With both wingbacks bombing forward aggressively, you need 2 midfielders who will be quite defensive. You really should be considering a double pivot of sorts, so the AP needs to change. Either that or rein in at least one wingback.

- You have very little movement up front. No one is working to create space for someone else to exploit. All you have is 6 players all bombing forward.

- Your short passing and lower tempo will just make this worse. You're allowing the defence to get set before you get there. The question is then, why on earth use an attacking mentality if you don't want to be that attacking and direct?

--------

Consider what I said about creating space and most importantly, have a proper plan of how you want to play. Who you're expecting to create and how. Who will be expected to score and how will that happen? How do you want to defend? Are you leaving enough players back to guard against counters. Do your players have proper passing options? Think about movement - who's dropping deep and who's taking that space or is it all congested in the box. Etc etc.

by the way, you said that that automatic duty with attacking mentality turns into attacking duty. well, i get it. but what happens if the auto duty is mixed with control mentality? will it be smth between supporting and attacking duty?

by the way, you said that that automatic duty with attacking mentality turns into attacking duty. well, i get it. but what happens if the auto duty is mixed with control mentality? will it be smth between supporting and attacking duty?
Counter, Standard and Control will default to a Support duty. Setting it on Support or Auto in those mentalities will make no difference at all.

Counter, Standard and Control will default to a Support duty. Setting it on Support or Auto in those mentalities will make no difference at all.

Got it, thanks a lot!
Is that all your own observations, or there is some worth reading guide?

Got it, thanks a lot!
Is that all your own observations, or there is some worth reading guide?
It's just knowledge of the game. You can't go wrong by reading the sticky guides in the SI tactics forum though. All the guides there are very good and most (if not all) are written by users with a very deep knowledge of both real life football and how the game functions.