Conceding Ridiculous Amounts Of Goals (Bournemouth Save)

Hotcheese

Reaction score
So I started a save with Bournemouth and as you can see I conceded 80 Goals in 80 games but also scored 77 goals and I finished 9th, I didnt think too much of the 77 goals conceded as I new my defence was the weakest part of my team. However I have spent a lot of money and after 10 games I have conceded 22 goals and only scored 13. I have tried so many tactics so if anyone has any advice on what I am doing wrong I'd appreciate it
.View attachment 168743
.View attachment 168741
View attachment 168739
View attachment 168738

Last edited:
First thought is that the midfield isn't covering for the defence properly, but more could be gleamed from the goal breakdown reports to have an idea of where gaps are forming. Considering the volume of goals that you are shipping you should be able to see trends. If you can provide more info about how you concede, when you concede, etc, it'll help coming up with solutions with you.

I don't possess incredible tactical knowledge, but something I've gleaned from this forum is that BWM, while sounding like a staunch and noble defensive role, doesn't really work out like that. Unlike, say, an anchorman, who maintains his position and shields the defence, a BWM is going to hare off trying to recover the ball and leave the defence on their own.

You also have two attack-minded CMs. Possibly they're both moving forward and leaving space between your defence and midfield?

Sent from my SC-05G using Tapatalk

I don't possess incredible tactical knowledge, but something I've gleaned from this forum is that BWM, while sounding like a staunch and noble defensive role, doesn't really work out like that. Unlike, say, an anchorman, who maintains his position and shields the defence, a BWM is going to hare off trying to recover the ball and leave the defence on their own.

You also have two attack-minded CMs. Possibly they're both moving forward and leaving space between your defence and midfield?

Sent from my SC-05G using Tapatalk

I had the two Attacking CMs because i thought Amartey would just sit in front of the defence but I will try and change him to an anchor man and see how that goes.

2 playmakers with A Ball-Winning-Midfielder, don't like the sound of that! Try a 4-4-2, maybe-keep the IF or change it to Attack and AF and defense, but have a AP(S) with a BWM(D) or B2B(S) Have AF with a DLF. No DMs. Now for Team Instructions:play Counter with Bournemouth, (as they aren't an excellent team) and Flexible. Normal defensive line, Higher Tempo and Take a Breather. Play Wide. Play Prevent Short GK Distribution. Closing Down- Sometimes and Passing Directness-Short. Play out of defense. Work ball into box (beacuse you have a Advanced Foward). And Low cross or maybe try mixed crosses. I play alot of Player Instructions and cba telling you all of it. I tend to know what instructions works well for a position, because i've been playing FM for a long time. If your an FM expert, you'll know what PMs to use. If you'd like a download link for the tactic, i can make one, but tell me.

I have not, would this help? normally i play regular line
The line is inky going to help if your roles and duties are balanced in respect to the line. As we've said your DM-CM trio seem to be out of sorts defensively so if you have a big gap there, dropping deeper makes the gap bigger.

If you drop deeper, you should have roles that would compensate for that drop. Changing a TI affects all players. How do you want to be defensively?

I had the two Attacking CMs because i thought Amartey would just sit in front of the defence but I will try and change him to an anchor man and see how that goes.
A Support duty player will never just sit in front of defence. His duty is to support play, so he will venture forward. Eventually he'll get back, yes. He is a DM after all, so that is the area he will defend. In transition (like when you lose the ball) he won't be there and will need to sprint back.