Mikew

Reaction score
All i seem to do lately is concede corners, set pieces and crosses.. what can i change to maybe change this? Firstly going to try to concede less free kicks as a start

Change your training to "Defending set pieces", and then maybe implement your own corner/ free kick tactics under "Tactics - Set pieces".

Sign a big beast of a centre back. Jores Okore is a good player after a couple of years and available fairly cheap. This is only a quick fix though, you need to train your team to defend them.

1. Train defending set pieces alternate with defensive positioning for about a month on AVERAGE setting.
2. Watch matches and see what kind of crossess you concede to: from fbs or wingers, drilled or floated. Then look at your tactics and try to cut the crosses out eg by telling your own wingers to man mark opposing wingers, your fbs/wbs not to attack so much etc.
3. If crosses are floated even in set pieces then check the hight of your cbs.

Last edited:
I get this problem as well when I'm managing a weaker side in a league. And so I put my match training on Defending Set Pieces. After a while the problem started to eradicate.