nickc1994

Reaction score
Not sure if this is the place to post this but, I have realised that I'm conceding a large amount of goals than I should be with my own created tactic.

I have worked my team up to a top team in the Premier league so we're like the Manchester United of today and shouldn't really be conceding 1-2 every match against the bottom teams.

View attachment 320362View attachment 320363View attachment 320365

I have uploaded these print screens but if you need anymore info to help me could you please let me know.

Thank you.

And that's not my normal squad. I don't know why I have got a midfielder in defence etc.

it could be a lack of concentration from your defenders towards the end of a game, personally I would move your wingers back into midfield to help the full backs and move your dms forward so it will be 4-4-1-1. This should help tighten things up I think without loosing to much creativity.

Change one of your DMS to DM - S instead of 2 DLPS.
Change wingers to support
Change full backs to support

change the DMs both to defensive mid support.
push the FBs up to wing back and set to support.
put both the CBs to cover.
change the AP to support.

press more.
zonal marking.
no offside.

Are you conceding goals from open play or set pieces? From the tactical view it seems that you're not playing compact enough and allow too much space for the opposing team especially in midfield. Strengthen your midfield by pulliing your AMs back a bit and pushing your defensive line up and keep the formation narrow.

Are you conceding goals from open play or set pieces? From the tactical view it seems that you're not playing compact enough and allow too much space for the opposing team especially in midfield. Strengthen your midfield by pulliing your AMs back a bit and pushing your defensive line up and keep the formation narrow.

Mostly from open play, I changed it to what the guys above you said and it's starting the work as i haven't conceded in every match apart from the 1 or 2 which I concede against the big teams. So it may be sussed.

Could be worth looking at individual player instructions for your centre backs and goalkeeper. The pre set instructions for each player role for goalkeepers and centre backs often has creativity set reasonably high and whatever the slide is above that set to the middle, rather than further to the left so it reads 'defensive'. Worth considering if you don't have the most creative/intelligent centre backs who can play and pass.

Could be worth looking at individual player instructions for your centre backs and goalkeeper. The pre set instructions for each player role for goalkeepers and centre backs often has creativity set reasonably high and whatever the slide is above that set to the middle, rather than further to the left so it reads 'defensive'. Worth considering if you don't have the most creative/intelligent centre backs who can play and pass.

Thanks i've changed my two central defenders individual instructions a little so their mentality is defensive and little creativity. Fingers crossed it works better.