Welcome!

FM Base has been serving the Football Manager community for nearly two decades and we're keen to ensure that we are here for two decades more.

Become a part of our community today, and you'll quickly realise that the Football Manager community is the best community.

Register
Reaction score
I'm quite new the manager games and playing as my fav team port vale fc and need some help & tips on stopping my team conceding too many goals. This is my 2nd season as manager of vale as i finished mid table in league 2 last season. Now i'm 4th this season but my defence stinks big time, i've scored 66 goals but conceded 50. Only 2 teams in my league have let in more goals and thats bottom cheltenham I'm sure this game wants to pee me off as i got a few loans in and they get injured for months. and 4th bottom burton.I'm using 4-2-2-2 "Il Devasto tactic as its been the one i've tried and done sort of ok with.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Use your own tactic to try and plug the gap.

Or else use the Kevin Keegan school of thourgt (which I adhere to) you score 3 we'll score 4

Get in the Van.
Reaction score
Pull those two MC's back into DMC rather than the arrows. Boom, problem solved.

Reaction score
How and when are you conceding?
I found a lot of goals were deep crosses into the far post so give your full backs more defensive responsibilities?
Stop the cross and deal with the cross if applicable.

Reaction score
Change philosophy/roaming/creative freedom/passing style/defensive line.