Conceding wonder-goals and missing sitters.

Bilow

Reaction score
Hi fm-base, don't post here much but I've been playing FM since FM08, and I've always enjoyed the game.

I never really ask questions regarding the game as I enjoy solving problems myself, but now I've come across something I've never really experienced before and I can't for the life of me understand what I'm doing wrong.

I'm playing with Liverpool, as I always do to start off, and I finished second in the league in my first season, Sturridge bagging 23 goals and Suarez 18. But halfway through the second season, the scoring has stopped. My record in the past 7 games is 1 win, 1 draw, 5 losses. What amazes me though, is that contrary to the usual poor run of form I haven't had a downturn in play at all. I've dominated every game, and I have won the clear cut chance-count comfortably in each game. For example, I lost 2-0 away to stoke when the CCC-count was 5-0 in my favor, along with the half chance-count being 4-1 in my favor. And it's not just my previously prolific strikers that have stopped scoring, but the entire team. No one is scoring even half as they should with the chances created.

And to top it off, the opposition are scoring absolute wonder goals. I genuinely don't know what to do. I've tweaked the tactics a bit, and changed personnel a bit, but it seems sort of meaningless as I can't really improve. I've also compared this poor run to United, who are 7 wins in 7 over the same period of time. I've performed better than them in shots, shots on target, CCC's, half chances, and also in chances conceded and shots conceded. Yet somehow, I manage to win 1 game compared to their 7.

What in the world should I do?

the match engine is *****. wait for a month of so and SI will probably get their thumbs out of their ***** and fix the thing. After all the increased revenue from FM 13, I remember someone from SI telling us how they'll be able to hire more staff and improve the game as a result, pfft! really disappointed with how the match engine performs and how hard it is to score goals. like you said I have all the possession, CCCs in the world and yet the opp get one not even half chance and score. really annoying.