RichGray

Reaction score
Hi all,

Im Arsenal end of 2010/11 season, and have a stork bringing me a brand new Mathias Jorgensen at the end of the season! Good player by the looks of it, fast and strong, yet my only concern is with his decisions and concentration.

My question is how to focus my training on improving these areas whilst maintaining his good technical and excellent physical stats. Should I get a tutor? In which case i have Senderos, Vermaelen or Gallas to choose from, Song too i suppose.

Thanks!

Concentration comes under the defending training category
Decisions come under tactics training

I'd max those categories out maybe something like this? It's not like you want the Aerobic/strength too high any way if he's going to be playing regularly and during the season it's probably a bad idea to have it too high due to the injury risk

I use Tug's training and just tailor it based on player deficiencies. But I find that gametime really helps the mental categories more.

I'd be unteaching some of his more annoying ppm's first as he's got "run's with the ball often and runs with the ball through centre ppm's+plays out trouble in my save with only an 11 dribbling value before tutoring. Combine that with low concentration and decisions and its a recipe for disaster. (That's if he has that in your save but he has those on mine)

Last edited:
i have had a problem with a handful of my players that have dropped in concentration over the last 2 months or so, about 3 of my players have dropped dramatically at least 2 or 3 points...

i cannot recall if these were players that i had been tutoring from older players with the option of
"2 Mental approach: A good way if you want to influence the character of the youngster. Even tutors without any PPMs, but high determination and professional character are very well suited. If you have highly-talented youngsters with low determination or ambition, you can assign them to several tutors in a row to completely change their personality."

so not sure if that could be the case though ;)

training in defending will definately increase this im sure, i might need to do that, its not that imperative for the players as two of the 3 are not defenders ;)

i have had a problem with a handful of my players that have dropped in concentration over the last 2 months or so, about 3 of my players have dropped dramatically at least 2 or 3 points...

i cannot recall if these were players that i had been tutoring from older players with the option of

so not sure if that could be the case though ;)

training in defending will definately increase this im sure, i might need to do that, its not that imperative for the players as two of the 3 are not defenders ;)

Ok, i'll set him to high defence training and find him a strong tutor.

He's an annoying looking player is Jorgensen, because apart from mentals, his CB-critical technical stats are one or 2 points off Gerard Pique! (Heading, Tackling, Marking, Dribbling, Passing, First touch, all 14/15)

Ok, i'll set him to high defence training and find him a strong tutor.

He's an annoying looking player is Jorgensen, because apart from mentals, his CB-critical technical stats are one or 2 points off Gerard Pique! (Heading, Tackling, Marking, Dribbling, Passing, First touch, all 14/15)
you need to get Mirel Radoi - Al Hilal to teach your younger guys mental aspects of the game (he is a very good tutor :D) or even Gabriel Heinze - OM as well...

i would assume that with two very good tutoring expeditions, he could become a very good defender (as well as making him unlearn his useless PPM's too)

you need to get Mirel Radoi - Al Hilal to teach your younger guys mental aspects of the game (he is a very good tutor :D) or even Gabriel Heinze - OM as well...

i would assume that with two very good tutoring expeditions, he could become a very good defender (as well as making him unlearn his useless PPM's too)

Mirel Radoi, ok. Would he be settled as a backup for Arsenal? He wouldnt get games, i have Senderos, Vermaelen, Nordtveit, Jorgensen, Gallas....

Ta for the tip though.8-|

Mirel Radoi, ok. Would he be settled as a backup for Arsenal? He wouldnt get games, i have Senderos, Vermaelen, Nordtveit, Jorgensen, Gallas....

Ta for the tip though.8-|
not sure if he would accept that role, maybe try loan out Havard for a season to get proper 1st team playing time (also depends where Mirel is, Juventus and Shakthar usually sign him)

im sure if you offer him a 1st team contract or rotation contract he would accept, but he might not ***** and moan (you will end up playin him though, he is a very good Cb) ;)

not sure if he would accept that role, maybe try loan out Havard for a season to get proper 1st team playing time (also depends where Mirel is, Juventus and Shakthar usually sign him)

im sure if you offer him a 1st team contract or rotation contract he would accept, but he might not ***** and moan (you will end up playin him though, he is a very good Cb) ;)

Ok i'll try that, although i did loan Havard out this season 10/11 and he has been tearing up the Championship, best player in the league!