Status
Not open for further replies.

crazyeyes

Reaction score
few questions just thought id put put them all in to one post sayins an adminstator deleted my post yesterday for stupid questions:

ok so ive been playing football manager for years with no real success (seasons or bits of seasons here and there) i usually play a season then get bored because i take united and finish fourth first season with a side that should be walking it last one i can remember putting any time in to must have been 2007/2008 with united having not long signed vidic and evra. Taking me 3 seasons to win the league going on to win basically every trophy for the next 3years after that, not like george graham player manager 2001 that i played for weeks without sleep. My friend wins this game so easy i go in and hes sitting smilling
with liverpool after like the first season having one every trophy and barely dropping a point (ok so heres the questions)

Does it make any difference playing a bright green player in a dull green (second best) position?

on the last question should i be trying find players in a bright green position to suit my tactics (all the best players seem to play in the hole which i dont fckin use! i hate this tactic plus in the game i like having 2 strikers to see how many they can score?

how many players should i have in my senior squad?

and finally how the **** do people win this game so easy!

ive tried all different tactics and approaches and nothing seems to click until i get in to my thirh fourth season

and finally do all the fckin morons who win this game easy save before every game or go back to previous loads until they get a run going

If you want help, perhaps you should not refer to those likely to help you as "Fckin morons" It certainly made me less keen to help.

To be completely honest...
I exploit the AI a lot to win. I'm sure that some would consider it cheating.

For instance, you can give yourself quite an edge by changing the formation as soon as the match starts. Then changing back to your first formation right after the half-time. AI never seems to be prepared for that, no matter how many times you do it. :/

vvv Doesn't guarantee a win, but definitely improves your chances.
To a lesser degree, you could simply rotate tactics before every match. It always seems to throw off opponents match preparations. It's kind of like playing rock-paper-scissors against an opponent who always reacts the same way.

Last edited:
haha! crazyeyes! I am similar to you. I think it's because I expect too much from myself due to reading about other people's so called successes on here. I am in my first decent save now with arsenal, im in my 4th season, finished 4th the first 2 seasons and 2nd in the 3rd by 1 point. I find this realistic tho as it's going to take arsenal at least 3 seasons before they next win the league. my advice would be to stop reading about peoples amazing seasons and tactics and so on and just play your own game, remembering along the way that FM13 is a brilliant realistic game that is better than all the cheaters.

To be completely honest...
I exploit the AI a lot to win. I'm sure that some would consider it cheating.

For instance, you can give yourself quite an edge by changing the formation as soon as the match starts. Then changing back to your first formation right after the half-time. AI never seems to be prepared for that, no matter how many times you do it. :/

Does that actually work?

yeah i suppose that is true week but i asked yesterday how long people reckoned it should take to win the league and the administrater laughed saying first season and deleted it for being a pointless thread now that is a "fckin moron"!

sorry taking me so long to type then seing one comment then another

If you have a problem with how we ( in this case Raikan) moderate the forum, just send him or an administrator a PM.

Mate, I think you should calm down before making any more posts. I see this scenario about 2 or 3 times a month and it always , always ends up with childish abuse ,resulting in a permanent ban.

Cheers

you could win first season using exploits but it takes a long time to build a squad of players playing the way you like. You may beat man city, Chelsea and Liverpool and then lose to reading, that's the beauty of the game. Dont give up.

Mate, I think you should calm down before making any more posts. I see this scenario about 2 or 3 times a month and it always , always ends up with childish abuse ,resulting in a permanent ban.

Cheers

Yeah, I think crazyeyes definitely needs help. It's a concern.

Resorting to name calling because you're **** at a computer game? ******* ****...

few questions just thought id put put them all in to one post sayins an adminstator deleted my post yesterday for stupid questions:

ok so ive been playing football manager for years with no real success (seasons or bits of seasons here and there) i usually play a season then get bored because i take united and finish fourth first season with a side that should be walking it last one i can remember putting any time in to must have been 2007/2008 with united having not long signed vidic and evra. Taking me 3 seasons to win the league going on to win basically every trophy for the next 3years after that, not like george graham player manager 2001 that i played for weeks without sleep. My friend wins this game so easy i go in and hes sitting smilling
with liverpool after like the first season having one every trophy and barely dropping a point (ok so heres the questions)

Does it make any difference playing a bright green player in a dull green (second best) position?

on the last question should i be trying find players in a bright green position to suit my tactics (all the best players seem to play in the hole which i dont fckin use! i hate this tactic plus in the game i like having 2 strikers to see how many they can score?

ive tried all different tactics and approaches and nothing seems to click until i get in to my thirh fourth season

and finally do all the fckin morons who win this game easy save before every game or go back to previous loads until they get a run going

Stick to FIFA street, leave FM to us morons.

Thread closed.

1) you made a few threads that were pointless mate, I closed them and deleted them as we get over 10 a day and it slows down the forums (we are trying to keep them as uncluttered and as tidy for you members as possible, we are just doing our jobs)

I could see you (as I have seen hundreds, even thousands of new members) starting new post after new post after new post and asked you to stop to try and nip it in the bud before you got an infraction from me or some other mod and I can assure you I am far from being a ****** :)

If you are not winning anything with United in the first season (regardless of league, FA, Carling ECL) then you need to look at how you approach the game, you say you want to see how many goals you can score? that my friend is the wrong mindset to have, especially on Fm13...

What I suggest you do is start with a mediocre team, say QPR/Southampton/West Ham and really try and learn the game, take the time to buy in the correct players, make tactics that suit you players and not just download one and expect it to bang you in 140 goals every season :) we are not playing Fm12 anymore :)

yes it does mate (bright green - natural position) its not bad practice to play say Rooney as AMC when he is only (duller green - accomplished) for that position, when you start going beyond the green colours you will experience problems..

there are SO SO many players in the game to buy mate for every position, who are you referring to when you say that the BEST players do not play in the roles?? who are you looking at buying?

a rule of thumb for a club like United would be (it also depends on your formation, which I assume is a 442 as you like 2 strikers) is having at least one good backup per position and a young prospect per position

1st season is the most difficult, there are so many threads around regarding tactics/team talks/what to do/how to start etc, take the time to read up and learn the game, it will only benefit you in the end mate

us morons play the game, play the opposition, exploit weakness and negate threats, we manage our squads instead of saying just sticking in MW or some other tactic, hit space bar, ask AM to do everything and do not make a single change during the match..

that is a must, you need to manage, that is why it is called Football manager :)

now if you would like any help you are more than welcome to contact me via PM or use one of the threads we have for help and we can all try and help you, that is why we have forums :)

cheers, Neil

Status
Not open for further replies.