Conference/League 2 to Premiership, how many seasons?

mathllanber

Reaction score
Started a save with Shrewsbury in England where they start ar League 2.

1st season (League 2) - won League.
2nd season (League 1) - won League & Johnstone's Paint Trophy.
3rd season (Championship) - 3rd, lost in Play-Off Semi Final.
4th season (Championship) - won League.
5th season (Premiership). 5th.

Not bad with a team like Shrewsbury. Was wondering if anyone has had 3/4 promotion's in a row and even won the Premiership in the 1st season?

thats really good. what do you attribute your success to?

I've gone from Conference South to the Championship in consecutive seasons before (4 straight titles) with Chelmsford City in FM2014. My successes early on were due to scouring the market for free transfers and loans, including searching each individual club roster for players, so I'd have a more complete look at my options. Another good trick is to look for a couple of older players (usually 35+) that want to fill a player/coach position. Much of the time, they still have plenty to give on the pitch, and they will play in a league or two beneath their abilities just so they can get a coaching job (their salaries cover both coaching and playing too, so it can be a money saver). When you get to the upper leagues, it's about finding players that can continue to progress as the club progresses, getting good loan players, and living within your means. Good tactics are always a plus too! I'm currently trying to see how long it will take me to go from the Northern Premier First Division North (8th tier) to the EPL in a modified database (with a Scottish club - Tynecastle). So far so good, as I have gained promotion in my first three seasons, and I'm top in January in the Conference Premier in my fourth season.

P.S. - In 20+ attempts, I have never been able to win the EPL in my first promoted season. My best was a 3rd-placed finish with Wolves (again in FM2014), after two straight promotions. I did manage to win the EPL the next season.

Last edited: