Config Coding for custom kits?

Danyul

Reaction score
Ok so I made some custom kits and a config file again, following the instructions for 2010. But when I refresh the in-game display & sound, the kits don't appear under the Info tab. The logo's on the default kits also disappeared.

If anyone has figured out how it works this time, it would be much appreciated.

Could you upload your config as an attachment to your post so we could have a look at it?

Sure. Also after starting up again as my team I've noticed the kit orders and colours are the right way round in the info screen, but they're just the crappy 3D default ones and not a proper kit.

Ah OK. I believe you are confused. The 2d kits are exactly that - 2D. They are there for aesthetic purposes - they just appear on the information screen or the pre-match screen ect. They do not change the texture of the 3d match kits. That is a completely different texture file. There are guides around on how to do this for FM10 - and it is exactly the same for FM11.

No, All I want is the 2D realistic custom created kits that can be downloaded/photoshopped to appear in the information screen. I've already used the editor to change in-game match kits. But the ones that appear in the info screen atm are those default 3D looking ones the game comes with, although they are in my custom colours (and the third kit I put in has appeared - though as a default kit still - whereas the game only came with home + away for Lyon).

What might be happening then is your db file is overwriting the 2d kits. If you start a new game without your db changes do your 2d kits appear? Like I said, the best way at the moment is to make a texture for the 3d kits rather than use the editor. What you can do later however, is once FMRTE is released you can use it to change the 3d kit style and colours ect. in your save.