Conflicting number of promoted teams problem

lckyby

Reaction score
I'm creating a new Italian league system and when I run a test I get a message saying 'conflicting number of promoted teams between Lega Italiana Calcio Professionistico and Lega Pro Girone A'. Don't know what's causing it because I've changed the promotion and relegation team numbers a few times..

Overview of the leagues..

Serie A - 16 teams - Bottom 8 playoffs, 4 relegated

Serie B - 20 teams - 2 promoted, 3-6th playoffs, 2 more promoted. Bottom 8 playoffs, 4 relegated (2 to LP1, 2 to LP2)

LP1 - 20 teams - 1 promoted, 2-5th playofffs, 1 more promoted. Bottom 8 playoffs, 4 relegated (2 to D1, 2 to D2)
LP2 - 20 teams - 1 promoted, 2-5th playofffs, 1 more promoted. Bottom 8 playoffs, 4 relegated (2 to D3, 2 to D4)

D1 - 22 teams, 1 promoted, 2-5th playoffs, 1 more promoted. Bottom 8 playoffs, 4 relegated to E
D2 - 22 teams, 1 promoted, 2-5th playoffs, 1 more promoted. Bottom 8 playoffs, 4 relegated to E
D3 - 22 teams, 1 promoted, 2-5th playoffs, 1 more promoted. Bottom 8 playoffs, 4 relegated to E
D4 - 22 teams, 1 promoted, 2-5th playoffs, 1 more promoted. Bottom 8 playoffs, 4 relegated to E

Here is the editor data file - if someone could take a look it would be appreciated - Zippyshare.com - NEW ITALY SYSTEM_8F72A4AF-74E1-4B17-850D-2ABCD4B7FCB4.fmf

Same Issue

I'm having the same or a similar issue.

I keep getting an error message, both in the editor, and when I try and enable the file in FM15.

I've checked and rechecked the settings to ensure that the relegation for MLS is 3 teams, with 3 coming up from NASL (Top 2 in table, 4 team playoff with 1 promotion).

Is there another place where the relegation settings can be changed?

Did You Change The Number of Promoted Teams To 2 So That The Top 2 Teams Go Up Automatically?

All sorts of minor problems in there. Once you fix the promotion/relegation issues (see below) there's also conflicts with winter break and playoff dates.

Problem is: if you set teams to protoe through playoffs, you don't add them into the number of promotion places. That's just for automatic promotions. So for Serie B you'd have 2 promotion places, then the playoff, not 4 and the playoff like you have now, and so on. Also, either set automatic promotion places in the parent competition, or the child competition, not both...which you've done. Finally, you can't have relegation from Serie d if you don't list a league for those teams to relegate to.

Scottish Pyramid

Hi yea I'm having trouble with the Nation Rules Conflicting number of promoted teams between Highland-Lowland League and Highland Football League