Conquering Europe - A TNS Story

• Thread starter Thread starter Rewdboy93
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 62
  • Views Views 15K
August

asset.php

Tough month already! out of Europe we were unlucky against Sparta Prague in the Champions League 3rd qualifying round.
Due to reaching that round we were entered into the Europa League Play Offs but faced tough opposition in the form of Ajax! the dutch giants dominated the 1st leg, we were unlucky in the 2nd leg losing 2-1!

asset.php
New signing for the club in Lewis Walters the ex Leeds United striker joining for 30k from Chesterfield, he adds some more options up top.

September

asset.php

Results have been very comfortable for September haven't conceded at all!

asset.php
Unfortunately our Barcelona Loanee Halilovic was injured but he will be back very soon!

asset.php
Good news for the club as our training and youth facilities were upgraded we are now rated as 'adequate'

October

attachment.php

Bit of a weird month as all though we won our games apart from one we didn't look fully in control especially as we conceded in every game!

attachment.php

First 10 games are over and we are 6 points clear!

asset.php

Injured again! good job I'm not paying his wages!

asset.php

Snapped up Andy King, he was released from Leicester great signing for the club!

November

attachment.php

Not the best start to the month with 2 draws and also having lost a game didn't give us much chance of extending our points over the teams competing for the title but its still early days, there has been a lot of rotation recently as I am trying to develop some youngsters.

asset.php

Started studying for my continental B license, gotta keep improving them managerial skills!

December

asset.php

Decembers results were an improvement on last months good to see we conceded 0 goals too!
Due to the rotation of Lewis Walters and Billy Kee it seems to be hit and miss when they play now so I will seek to improve their form by the end of the season.

attachment.php

A new deal for me is great to see, hopefully the club can continue to grow during my tenure.
as you can also see I had a bid for Arda Turan accepted but this didn't materialise into anything as I couldn't agree a wage with him.

asset.php

Varela has joined on trial, I will most likely look to offer him a contract in January.
should be a good addition to the squad, he was released from Man Utd at the end of last season.

January

asset.php

Not many games in January but 100% return is pleasing and a cup win also!

asset.php

asset.php

Good progress being made for a domestic treble, looking forward to beginning a new European campaign next season.

asset.php

Unfortunately we couldn't get a work permit for Varela so the deal was cancelled.

asset.php

asset.php

Youth and training facilities are being increased again can't wait to see what future stars we may find in the next few years!

Unfortunately i cant see your screenshots, but looks like you have made some massive progress as a club and loving the signing of Andy King! Keep it up.

Unfortunately i cant see your screenshots, but looks like you have made some massive progress as a club and loving the signing of Andy King! Keep it up.

Oh **** really :O hope others can then!

February

asset.php

Results weren't very good at the start of the month we went out of the JD welsh cup, suppose I can aim to win it back next season! results did improve towards the end of the month though and a Lewis Walters hat trick was great to see.

asset.php

Speaking of Lewis Walters he won player of the month glad to see as I wanted to improve the strikers form.

Next update I will include March and April.

March & April

asset.php

We have won our eighth league title so results aren't to important now I am just looking onto next season now.

attachment.php

The Youth intake wasn't great and I can't really see anyone to nurture.

asset.php

Signed Left back Shane Griffin was released by Reading last year, will replace Fanimo who's contract expires this year. Liked some of his stats but not keen on his determination.
attachment.php

I asked the board to increase the amount of coaches we have from 5 and they agreed and changed it to 17!!
so Jermaine Jenas joins nice bit of international experience!

asset.php

Danny Gabbidon joins as under 19s coach, bit of inspiration for the youngsters.

attachment.php

Maik Taylor joins as goalkeeping coach valuable experience and knowledge will no doubt help my keepers.

End of season review

attachment.php

Overall our league performance was pleasing.

asset.php

I have got my Continental A license nothing wrong with improving my skills.

asset.php

Cieslewicz gets fans player of the season again.

asset.php

Surprisingly Joe Willock wins the player of the year award, he has put in some good performances through the season.

asset.php

Signed from Wigan for 875k but I have stretched it out over 3 years of instalments very excited about this lad.

Season Preview

asset.php

Competition expectations are no different this season, my own expectations are similar except I would like to make the champions league this season!

Key Players

asset.php

Stefan continues to be at the heart of my defence puts in a shift pretty much every game.

asset.php

Joe comes up with the goods when called upon last years player of the season will be a big part of my plans.
currently attracting interest from Rotherham.

asset.php

and my new signing will have to be my main man up top or as a back up shadow striker.

July

asset.php

Results for July were good, nice to have a bit more of break as we play from the qualifying round 2 in the Champions League.
Red bull Salzburg are standing in our way of bettering ourselves from last year the first leg was a real Jekyll and Hyde performance brilliant first half but poor second half maybe a bit of fitness to blame?
2-2 draw is still a positive result though and I look forward to the return leg in front of our own fans.

asset.php

Tom Lockyer joins after being released from Bristol Rovers adds depth to our back line and a bit of leadership also.

yea man I'm following ur story and loving it but i can't see the pictures either. :S

Oh man no way!! I can't upload them through "insert image" so I do it by managing attachments and uploading them through there..

August
attachment.php

What a great month for us! Biggest achievement of my TNS story so far to reach the Champions League group stage is massive!
My first 2 league games were positive to as I fielded some youth players and comfortably won!

attachment.php

I am just excited to be in the competition would love to cause a few upsets but unlikely!

attachment.php

OOOOSH! look at that competition prize money 8 Million will do wonders for the club!

attachment.php

Joe Willock leaves for Tranmere he didn't want to stay but I'll get over it!

asset.php

Ciaran O'Connor joins as Joe Willocks replacement, decent signing i'd say!

September

attachment.php

I am pleased with the results so far I haven't really played a strong first team for league games as of yet.
Our first game in the Champions league was a brilliant performance against Dnipro! to get a point was very positive hopefully we can upset the odds in the next set of fixtures.
attachment.php

I started on my coaching course for my continental A license with all these qualifications I am just waiting in the wings for the wales job!
attachment.php

Jon Murphy has been putting in some performances recently and his development is coming along nicely.

October
asset.php

Results were pleasing this month, gutted about our results in the Champions League, PSG were completely dominant 2-0 doesn't look so bad from our point of view. In the Arsenal game we drew level which woke up the gunners and they quickly restored their lead and made sure there was no way back for us.

attachment.php

Mamour Bangoura joins on a free to add depth to my midfield line.

attachment.php

Matt Tootle also joins on a free, Twumasi had a bad injury so had no cover for Brandon Taylor.

November

attachment.php

Some good league performances and a cup win sees us into the final of theWord cup.
we narrowly lost 1-0 to Dnipro only 1 group game left and looks like we will occupy 4th place in the group, bring on next season!

attachment.php

The youth and training facilities have finished having an upgrade we are now rated average!

December
attachment.php

The month started a bit shaky in the first 2 games but avoiding defeat is always positive. PSG showed no mercy and comfortably came out winners.

attachment.php

Overall it was always going to be tough but I am happy to at least get a point! Hopefully just my presence in that stage of the Champions League effects the coefficients.

attachment.php

Curro joins for a record 2.3 million from Sevilla I hope this signing helps increase our reputation!

Back