Conquering the Serie A with the Little Zebras!

sayitstuesday

Reaction score
Udinese fires manager for poor results in Serie A

2nd January 2013

It has been reported this morning that Francesco Guidolin, manager of Udinese has been fired by the board for poor results. The team was projected to be in the top half of the league, but with the season already halfway gone, Udinese lies in 13th place, well below expectations.

It has been announced that an interim manager has been brought in to hold the fort for the club until the board can find a new replacement. The interim manager, Tingjun Hong, was introduced this morning. The manager, at the age of 25, is one of the youngest managers around, and is Singaporean, but has managed to achieved his coaching badges at a relative young age. The board has released a statement regarding the announcement of the new manager.

"We are very happy to announce our appointment of Tingjun as our interim manager. We believe he is up to the task of leading Udinese to good results until the end of the season. We are aware of his inexperience as a manager, but believe that from learning on the job, he will be able to become a fantastic manager. Regarding the matter of a permanent manager, we will monitor Tingjun's work and make a final decision at the end of the season."

A press conference will be held tomorrow. Tingjun will be formally introduced as the manager of Udinese.

"Hi, I'm from the Italian Football Informer. You sit here as the new manager of Udinese, albeit interim, but still a manager. How do you feel?"
"It's great to be here. I haven't had much experience in coaching a football team, with only experience in the youth teams. I'm very excited for this job and am thankful to the Udinese board for giving me this chance."

"The Udine Football Free Press here. Francesco Guidolin was fired for his poor results in the league. Do you think you can turn the team's fate around and lead them to a top half finish?"
"Guidolin might not have achieved the results that were expected, but he has created a fantastic team here, and I want to thank him for that. I'll do my best to turn the team around. I have confidence in both the players and myself."

"I'm from the Italian Football Messenger. New managers often bring huge changes. Will the staff or the players have to fear for their places in the team?"
"I will take the time to assess the squad. If the players train well and perform well, they will be given the chances to prove themselves. I have consulted the board regarding the backroom staff and they have agreed that I require staff members that I can work with and has allowed me to bring in my own staff members. I intend to do so."

"Okay then, one more question. What can we expect from you in the transfer market?"
"I believe Udinese will be rather quiet in terms of transfers. I might be looking to bring in one or two loans, but possibly not permanent transfers."

"The Italian Football Chronicle. How would you expect your tactical approach to be different from Guidolin's?"
"I prefer playing flowing attacking football, perhaps something close to that of Real Madrid's. Everyone's trying to emulate Barcelona's, but Jose Mourinho's Madrid is playing fantastic football. I would love to learn from him one day!"

"Last question! What do you think about the chances of you becoming permanent manager of Udinese?"
"That is a question I would rather not think about until the end of the season. I'd rather focus on the task at hand. Thanks very much, it's been great speaking to you all!"

Hey guys, thanks for taking the time to read through the introductions to the thread. Would appreciate any transfer suggestions for Udinese! :) I have a 4 million transfer budget. Thanks!

You should first of all get Isla, Asamoah and Handanovic back to the club (co-owned), then maybe try to sign another striker as Di Natale are getting quite old

Anderson and Milevskyi heading for Udinese?

5th January 2013

Rumours have it that Anderson (Manchester United) and Artem Milevskyi (Dynamo Kyiv) are heading to Udinese on 6 month loans. Both players have been transfer listed in their clubs and both have expressed interest in joining Udinese. Whether Udinese follow up their interest with formal bids is yet to be seen.

Udinese kicks off the new year with a hard fought 1-0 victory over Siena

9th January 2013

19th place Siena came into this match off a great 1-0 victory over Genoa and wanted to pull another upset over Udinese, but Udinese stood firm to give their new manager, Tingjun Hong, a debut win.

The game started off quite optimistically for both sides but neither could break the deadlock. The first half saw 3 yellow cards dealt out to Udinese players, and no goals for either side. Visibly, Udinese was playing better, with more possession and more shots on goal.

Willians was then sent off in the 70th minute after earning a second yellow card to the dismay of his new manager, who was looking worried at the sidelines at this point. The manager didn't have long to worry as in the 72nd minute, Antonio Di Natale took the ball on a run before hitting the ball to Diego Fabbrini who crossed perfectly into the box for Pablo Armero to score.

Siena then tried countless times to launch an attack but was constantly stifled by the intense defense of Udinese. Diego Fabbrini was then taken off injured to the dismay of manager Tingjun. It has been made known to us that Fabbrini will be out for three to four weeks. The game ended 1-0 in Udinese's favour.

Udinese transfer target Anderson heads to Newcastle instead on permanent transfer, Tingjun expresses disappointment