Consectatio Excellentiae - A Sunderland Story

kmurray0403

Reaction score
View attachment 552045

Sunderland AFC
Nickname: The Black Cats
Founded: 1879
Ground: The Stadium of Light

In this story, I will manage my supported team that is Sunderland. My aim is to put right what Di Canio, De Fanti and years of bad transfer business did wrong for the club. Having played numerous saves with Sunderland on the game, it strikes me that the club aren't exactly on the soundest of financial footing, and have a squad that is bursting at the seams with Championship quality players on high wages.​

Following the departure of Gus Poyet, Sunderland have appointed rookie manager Kieran Murray as the club's new boss. The appointment has brought many Sunderland fans to question the club's chairman Ellis Short, with many asking why the favoured Gianfranco Zola wasn't considered for the job. (Daily Mirror)

New Sunderland manager Kieran Murray has already began to make changes to the club by axing the majority of his scouting network, with the big shock being the sacking of chief scout Valentino Angeloni.
(Sunderland Echo)

View attachment 396434

As you can see, I've made changes to the scouting network at Sunderland, getting rid of Di Canio's men and bringing in my own men.

View attachment 396432

The assistant manager reports on my first team show that I have a lot of average players in the squad, with the notable ones being Seb Larsson and all three of my goalkeepers. I'll definitely be trying to offload Larsson, but trying to get rid of Westwood is an absolute nightmare and considering he's on 35k a week doesn't make it any easier to shift him.​