calum1994

Reaction score
Firstly, apologies if this is in the wrong place, I've not frequented the site in ages and still trying to get used to things again! :)

I'm currently nearing the end of my second season with AZ and like the title says I am struggling with consistency. I have a very young squad with only one or two players in their mid-late twenties.
I've tried a wide range of tactics from attacking and creative ones to defensive ones which try and hit on the break, nothing I try gives the team any consistency. I seem to do well in the Dutch cup, making the final two years in a row, but league form is sketchy. The team starts well but as the season goes on results go against us, strikers have goal droughts and we end up finishing mid table, just scraping European qualification, which is the board expectation.

Since I have a young squad I have to rotate players in order to try and keep them fresh and prevent injuries but it doesn't seem to improve the teams fortunes.

Any advice would be very welcome!

Cheers. :D

I had this problem with my Crewe save, i'd recommend getting 1 or 2 more experienced players to break it up a bit (I got David Beckham for example) They could also help with tutoring your youngsters.

Don't think there is anything you could do (except wait for the next transfer window). Facing the same problem. Except for 2 players that are 33yrs old, all my <20 youngsters are way better than my mid 20yrs - oh, and my avg. age is something around 22.6yrs.

It definitely is a challenge! I looked at bring one or 2 more experienced players at the end of the first season but couldn't really find anyone who I fancied. Just into the transfer window at the start of my third season now so hopefully there will be more players available!