Consistent performer and enjoy big matches

Ursulla

Reaction score
Those two important characteristic of players can be seen through the player report sheet...

Does anyone pay attention to those characteristics?

Does anyone actually played someone who enjoyed big matches and seen the outcome? I would love to hear any story regarding players who enjoys big matches...

Where can I get a hint if a player is a consistent performer or enjoys big maches outside of the report ?

What exactly is important match if it's not a cup match?

Those two important characteristic of players can be seen through the player report sheet...

Does anyone pay attention to those characteristics?

Does anyone actually played someone who enjoyed big matches and seen the outcome? I would love to hear any story regarding players who enjoys big matches...

It's something I pay a lot of attention to. Players who don't enjoy big matches are more prone the being unsettled by media comments or not being able to rise to the occasion or produce the goods in a big match.

Where can I get a hint if a player is a consistent performer or enjoys big matches outside of the report ?
How unsettled they are by media comments, how they react during pre-match team talks (players who are quiet may not be coping with the occasion)

What exactly is important match if it's not a cup match?
Any match were the result matters. A cup final, a relegation play-off. Needing to win a game to secure champions League football. Rival games. Being on a loosing streak and needing to stay in the cup to meet squad expectations. Lots of games are important. If the result matters, it's an important game.

I never sign players with important matches as a con in scout reports. In my experience, they never seem to perform well or even decently in games against rival teams, often having less than 6.7 rating. Consistency is also important for me, I don't want my striker to score 5 goals 1 match, and the next miss 5 clear chances.