Robbie Toon

Reaction score
I have been playing a Napoli game for a while now, I have won the Serie A and we got all the way to champions league final just in our second season.

But my strikers (Cavani & Lavezzi) have never been able to score consistantly they both have goal draughts for like 6 or 7 games then they score 1 or 2 goals and repeat. I use two simple tactics 3-5-2 for away games against stronger teams and 4-5-1 for home games or against much weaker teams.

Im not sure were im going wrong with the strikers there moral is igh most of the time i am using them in correct roles. Has anyone got any tips to make strkers score consitantly or point out anything im doing wrong?

Sorry if this is in the wrong section by the way :)

Strikers scoring consistantly seems to be a real issue of late and I have to say throughout FM11, I have the same problem too as many others do, regardless it seems of tactics.

The only suggestion I can make is get them to train on their finishing and make it so they are taking les long shots on goal.
Hope it helps and you get it worked out.
Take care.

Some strikers are born to be inconsistent, even they have great finishing and composure, such as Giuseppe Rossi.

So far Javier Hernandez is the most consistent striker I've ever had in FM11. He scores almost every game even he's not world class yet.

never had this problem using my tactic, maybe give it a try. click my sig if u interested

could be a problem with the supply to your strikers mate. if you dont have a creative midfielder to set as an advanced playmaker then you should look into it.
im with AC Milan in 2015/16 and Pato has just broken the Serie A goalscoring record with 32 in 29. I have either Cassano or Labyad as advanced playmaker, both leading the Serie A assists with 14 and 12.

Buy Jermain Defoe and play him alone up front (Poacher - Attack). He is a beast and is very consistent.

If they miss a lot of easy chances then the problem is with them. If so, all you can do is wait for them to improve their mental attributes enough + maybe teach them to place shots or round keeper for more scoring consistency in one-on-ones.

If they actually don't even get chances, then the problem's more likely to be with the tactic. If that's the case, we'd need more info about both your tactics so that we can see what's wrong.

give them a warning or fine weeks for poor performance. then you need train them placing shots

van persie is a really good consistant striker in my team, he scores at least 1 goal a game, sometimes even scoring hat-tricks...

On my united save, Rooney wasn't consistent, but in my first two seasons between them Macheda and Hernandez scored around 80 goals.

On my spurs save however, my tactics are working, and in four years winning two titles, a champions league and two fa cups, i have not had one consistent stirker. In fact, in four years all my top scorers have been midfielders. I have signed lukaku, Villavla and babacar, and although there young through training and tutoring their mental stats plus finishing and composure have flew up, they just can't get regular goal scoring runs. I've also had the problem with Defoe, Lavezzi and Pavelchenko so i cannot for the life of me work out why. I had the likes of modric, van der vaart, sissoko and ander behind them so my midfield is creative enough for them.

It is also may have something to do with the hidden attributes the consistency.

At least im not the only one with this problem. The Strikers are both world class players and i know they can get 30+ goals i have seen it on this site and I have Hamsik, Veloso and Silva so im pretty sure its not the midfield. Is there any player Instructions to put on your forwards that can help them score more?

Is there any way to look at the hidden stats?

Got this guy called Fernando from some low league spanish team and he has been on fire for me, proper consistent!!!

fernando llorente scored 13 goals in 13 games then didnt score for 10 and then scored 5 and now again in my second season at athletic bilbao he cant score :( not very helpful when i dont have many options i can buy :(

Diego Forlan also ******* consistent for me. He has scored 12 league goals in just 6 matches!

the two hernandez boys (javier and abel) and kadlec ive found to be most consistent and prolific :)

rvp is consistant, but injury prone
chamack , uumm sometimes. pretty much like now he has score for 12 games + , it happened in my arsenal save. but interestingly he scores hatricks for Morocco every match