Consolidation Season after winning the league. What do you think?

LukeDirnt

Reaction score
Hi guys, I was wondering the other day why is there no option to do a consolidation season after winning the league with a team that is not supposed to win the league. It happened to me in my Southampton save, won the league 3rd season. After that half my players wanted out since the big names were after them, I had no chance of retaining them. Loosing my two Center Mids : Wanyama and Schneiderlin. I had no way to replace them, anyways the board wanted top four. I had no chance to rebuild a squad aiming for top four, I lacked depth and had two key players missing. The thing is it would be amazing to say to the board:

"With my current squad I dont think I?ll be able to replicate my success from last season. Next Season I will had already rebuilt the squad and I will be able to get the team to the top four"

Or something like that, sorry if my language was not perfect, its very early in the morning and English is not my native language.

Would love to hear your opinions on the matter.
Thanks for reading.

No club would want a consolidation season, because that mean be regression, and therefore the club would earn less money etc. Maybe they'd be more understanding if you were a real manager with a real board, but the game doesn't really account for you loosing a lot of your best players

No club would want a consolidation season, because that mean be regression, and therefore the club would earn less money etc. Maybe they'd be more understanding if you were a real manager with a real board, but the game doesn't really account for you loosing a lot of your best players

Doubt that, I have money incoming from UCL, more season tickets, I sell out the stadium. It would hurt my finances to spend about 150k wages so players dont leave for bigger clubs. Im just saying, let me get a quiet season son I buy some youngsters And rebuild the squad.
Anyways to be fair, I agree that you made a strong point when saying that the team does not account for big players leaving.
Thanks for the response anyways mate.

Its a good idea! And your english was perfect

Thanks mate, aprecciate it.