Consortium Takeover ?

Ghost78

Reaction score
Hello,

I am in the 4th Season of my Brentford save which I have been playing in real time since I got FM2010 for X-mas.

I have just got the Bees into the Championship and have made a good start, currently lying 9th after 8 games of the 2012/13 season. I had agreed a "Fight bravely against relegation" objective. I have 3.5mil in the bank and am well in budget for wages. I have really raised the profile of the club and have had loads of offers that I have turned down so the board and fans adore me!

However, Greg **** (BFC Chairman) is agreed a possible consortium takeover. A transfer embargo has been placed on the club and I cannot make any board requests. I was hoping that this would mean loadsa money but I got a message in my inbox that if the consortium is successful they will appoint Nigel Clough as Manager!! :(

I have spent six months of real time building my team (I also am a Bees fan IRL) and I cannot bear the thought of having to watch ****** Nigel Clough steal my team.
I am in contract (as Andy Scott) until 2015 and if I do say so myself am a ****** good manager and have used no cheats, editors or anything.

Is there anything I can do? or Am I doomed ? :'(
I am sure I would get another job and continue the save but really just to see how my young stars that I have nurtured turn out.

Thanks
Ghost

No need to worry about anything mate. They wont replace you.
Once thay have taken over they will simply say, a new manager was tha main objective blah blah blah. But when it comes to it, they will say the support they have recieved for you convinced them. Ive just had a takeover at Portsmouth and had this. Ive had it with many a club and never been sacked. So just keep doing your thing and youll be fine.

No need to worry about anything mate. They wont replace you.
Once thay have taken over they will simply say, a new manager was tha main objective blah blah blah. But when it comes to it, they will say the support they have recieved for you convinced them. Ive just had a takeover at Portsmouth and had this. Ive had it with many a club and never been sacked. So just keep doing your thing and youll be fine.

You are a squire and a gentleman BeadSTARR :) thanks

As you said BeadStarr the bod that is taking over has completed the takeover and said almost word for word that his original intention was to bring in Clough but now he has agreed to consider my position! not sure if I'm out of the woods yet. Since my last post I have romped to 2nd place in the championship so I am quietly confident ;)

When I was at Sunderland I had this happen to me.
Thomas Helveg bought the club and rumours were he wanted to bring in Juande Ramos. Couple of months went by and I got the dreaded email saying I had been sacked and Ramos brought in. Was 3rd in Premiership aswell. So just be wary because it can happen.

YES! I have avoided the sack... in your face Clough LOL

dont worry most of the time they wont sack u.......in my save a consortim took over Inter Milan ands replaced Mourinho i was shocked