davidb30

Reaction score
I had something i've not seen before on any of the FM games.

I had a consortium takeover, where two rival groups wanted to take over the club with one of them threatening to get rid of the manager (great....)

The one that said he would sack me didnt and instead of any investment, two huge bids were made on players that would be considered quality signings for my team with no change to my transfer budget.

RESULT!

That left me wondering....

What other interesting consortium stories do you have?

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    109.1 KB · Views: 3,491
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    54.8 KB · Views: 3,458
  • 3.jpg
    3.jpg
    51.4 KB · Views: 3,325
There is the kind that lowers your budget and does nothing else. Like I just got.

I had a similar one with Newcastle. They put in bids for Ruben Dias and Chiesa. Both around £50 million. I was in two minds. I really like both players but already had a pretty good group and some quality youth players so left me with a bit of a headache! Only issue was that the board got annoyed with the transfers as they saw them as too expensive (even though it was them that bought them both!)

I had one at Luton from a Chinese businessman. He promised to sign Ben White (dc) and some Argentine midfielder if he took over, although I had to cancel the argentine transfer as the work permit was denied.

Newcastle first season Jan. They didn't give me any money but signed 2 cms, Zubeldia and Guimaraes for 50 and 25.

They're quality players but I had just signed 2 cms in that window. Zubeldia moved on to Shakthar 2 seasons later for about what we got him for and Guimaraes is now my captain.

unknown.png

Last edited:
Ed woodward headed a consortium to buy man in my save. My worst nightmare in real life haha