RandomGimp47

Reaction score
I´m at my wits end with Zander Diamond (Aberdeen). There´s 2 games left in the first season and Zander has been sent off 6 times in the league! Normally i would just sell someone like that, but he is my best DC by a significant margin. I got him on composure training. I´ve been fining him for his sending offs and his tackling is on normal as i don´t think a DC with soft tackling is a good idea.

Any ideas on what i can do to stop him getting sent off all the time.

That's cause he's a mug :))) with high Dirtiness (I think it's about 14/15 if I remember correctly) and Aggression. You need to have him on light tackling and start fining him if he gets sent off enough. I signed him for Cardiff, he was exactly the same for me, and that's how I dealt with him.

True!! But as i say he's by far the best i got! Any way u know of getting the dirtiness stat down, without cheating??

Mark: Not sure what u're asking!!!!!

True!! But as i say he's by far the best i got! Any way u know of getting the dirtiness stat down, without cheating??

You can't get dirtiness stats down without cheating.
Mark asked you, how do you know if the guy is tackling softly.
Fine them.
2 yellow card = 1 red card = Warning
straight red = fine 1 week wage
2nd red = fine 2 week wage vice versa.

You have the option of soft, medium or hard tackles. Click on Diamond on tactics screen and then click on advanced option and it should be available to change there.

I know, he's a great defender - should be playing for Scotland IRL in my opinion.

But he has a tendency both IRL and in game to make rash tackles and pick stupid yellow cards for leaving a foot in when he shouldn't. That's why you need his tackling to be light.

It is sometimes very good to have a CB on light tackling, particularly when they've been sent off 6 times in a season! Just try and get a CB with tackling 18 or more and have him on normal/hard tackling to cover Diamond.

Brian Easton is a great partner for him (that's who I have at Cardiff).

Last edited:
I dunno, the refs seem to hand out yellow cards like they are confetti in this game. A regular game for me see's at least 6 or 7.

I Always Count On Lee Catermole To Get Sent Off When I Play Sunderland :)

http://www.fm-base.co.uk/forum/f109/far-too-many-red-cards-t52922.html

---------- Post added at 05:02 AM ---------- Previous post was yesterday at 10:09 PM ----------

OK reopened as Livipunk raised his concerns, this is indeed a slightly different thread to the one i linked.

Next time pm me rather than kicking up a stink in a fresh thread. :)

Sorry, just wanted to get it fully noticed. :) :wub:

Just been trying different things with him tonight (while recovering from the trek Edinburgh to Newcastle and back) and found that with different training to other defenders (Intense on defense training) and light tackling tactics, he has went from getting 4/5 reds per season like he has been to getting 2 last season for me as Aberdeen and half way through season 2, none and only 2 yellow cards. :D

---------- Post added at 04:20 AM ---------- Previous post was at 04:19 AM ----------

click stand off more in the shouts

That is to your whole team though. You really don't want that, especially if you have a couple of good tacklers in your team. Individual tactics are a much better option.

You should only use that shout if your team have picked up like 5 yellows in one game.