dbcookson

Reaction score
First post.

Enjoy reading the forum and usually float around the tactics and story sections.

I've played CM/FM since 01/02 and can't remember completeing more than 3 seasons. Majority of the time I don't even make it to Christmas.

I just keep restarting as I want to do it differently etc.

Does anyone else suffer from this OCD like problem? I continue to buy the game every/every other year and still...

The most recent save I did complete a season with was with Blackburn (My supported team). I got promoted and had to sell Rhodes and Gested and they gave me nothing in terms of transfer money for the new season. Maybe I should have resigned in game and looked for another job rather than restarting the game?!

Anyway...

Thinking of starting a new save with Gladbach - I have been into the editor and removed all loans and injuries so no Kramer :(

I've just deleted the game if that makes you feel any better? Lol. Absolutely infuriated with my Derby save. I need time away from it before I end up pouring petrol on my laptop and setting it on fire. Am I a bad manager?... Probably yes

Yeah I had that problem. You just gotta make up with yourself, that you become more attached to a save, the further you get into it. Try getting to the second seasons transfer window, make some interesting signings - and it will be much more fun!

I've just deleted the game if that makes you feel any better? Lol. Absolutely infuriated with my Derby save. I need time away from it before I end up pouring petrol on my laptop and setting it on fire. Am I a bad manager?... Probably yes

Haha! No quite got to that point. I couldn't do that to my Mac! I am however wasting a lot of time in doing this...

I've got three days off work this coming week. Fancy starting a save with a decent club that needs a bit of a restoration.

Considering teams like Gladbach, Inter, Newcastle etc.

Any reccomendations - Prefer to manage in one of the big four leagues.

I've got three days off work this coming week. Fancy starting a save with a decent club that needs a bit of a restoration.

Considering teams like Gladbach, Inter, Newcastle etc.

Any reccomendations - Prefer to manage in one of the big four leagues.
I know that they're on they're way back, but maybe consider Valencia :) Also there's Deportivo, Malaga(thinking about when they had money and such, but never really any succes).

I suffer from this exact problem too! I'll start a save, get really into it and even if I'm winning most games I'll just get bored and start a new one with another team. Then the next day I'll regret deleting the save and end up just restarting it with the same team, which is just so tedious! Saying that makes it sound like I just don't enjoy the game but I really do! haha

Hi,

Also a Blackburn fan! sometimes I have this problem but up until last FM i have got past it. I used to hate regens but now its very interesting. I've had 3 long saves (Man Utd FM14, Wolfsburg FM15 and Blackburn FM15) managed to win the Champions League with Rovers after being bought by a tycoon believe it or not haha.

The best way I have found of sticking out games is making small objectives for that season or 2 seasons, eg. Bring through a youth, do the quad, stay up.. it depends who you are. Keeps it interesting.

I have similar problems. I last about 2 or three seasons at max before becoming too good and it getting boring. The annoying thing, i always take hours to search for regens, but i never make it that far