Continuing Beta Save or starting again?????

Camshaft961

Reaction score
Alright lads,

after a fair few false starts on the Beta version finally got a decent little save that I am growing into but the postie has just dropped the full game through the letterbox.

Something inside me tells me to start a fresh LT save on the full game as I am only a couple of months into the season on the other save.

What do you do? carry on with the original beta save or start afresh once full version is downloaded?? Cheers

Alright lads,

after a fair few false starts on the Beta version finally got a decent little save that I am growing into but the postie has just dropped the full game through the letterbox.

Something inside me tells me to start a fresh LT save on the full game as I am only a couple of months into the season on the other save.

What do you do? carry on with the original beta save or start afresh once full version is downloaded?? Cheers

I always prefer starting fresh because, even though beta and patches and updates are safe game compatible, I always have a feeling that stuff might happen because the save goes through so many stages and changes.. and that some things might not work as well on a 'beta' save than 'new' save..

Obviously I have no evidence to back this up what so ever, but it's more of a feeling I always have that I prefer to begin with how the game was intended at full release!

I always prefer starting fresh because, even though beta and patches and updates are safe game compatible, I always have a feeling that stuff might happen because the save goes through so many stages and changes.. and that some things might not work as well on a 'beta' save than 'new' save..

Obviously I have no evidence to back this up what so ever, but it's more of a feeling I always have that I prefer to begin with how the game was intended at full release!

Pretty much backs up my train of thought DoubleR :D

I'm thinking the same thing too. Im in my 2nd season with Portsmouth and am really enjoying it. Got promotion in my 1st season and now having an average 2nd season. Is it 100% confirmed that carrying on with a beta save won't make any difference?

Id probably go for a new save to be honest mate,personally speaking the beta is nothing more than a test run really.

I'm thinking the same thing too. Im in my 2nd season with Portsmouth and am really enjoying it. Got promotion in my 1st season and now having an average 2nd season. Is it 100% confirmed that carrying on with a beta save won't make any difference?

It is as much confirmed as the fact that SI games/Football Manager/Miles Jacobson state this is indeed true.. if you feel like that is 100% confirmation.. it is.. but I have heard enough lies and 'changes of the truth' from developers in general to always question and think in a critical manner. Sure it should work fine.. but does it take away my feelings.. not really.. for me "save game compatible" means.. it works with old saves.. but "compatible" can mean so many things.. 3rd party controllers are "comptable" with console X.. but its still a 3rd party crappy controller :p

Besides I do not really like that fact that for example players now react slightly differently or that the match engine has changed moving from beta to full game and that you have a part of your career with stuff that happened because it was not the way it should have been

I know its a bit off topic, but I uninstalled the Beta and downloaded full game from disk, steam never asked me for the key from the instruction manual and when I load the game it still says beta version and V15.0.3, any ideas?

I know its a bit off topic, but I uninstalled the Beta and downloaded full game from disk, steam never asked me for the key from the instruction manual and when I load the game it still says beta version and V15.0.3, any ideas?

You should enter the code yourself on the back of the manual in steam (through add a game --> activiate product on steam).. the code you got for beta acces is different than the code on the manual for full release.. it does not matter you already have the beta game in your library, the manual codes will "override" this!

Boxed copies
If you've used a Beta access code and have now received your boxed copy, please enter the code from the back of the manual into Steam.

1. Open Steam and Go to '+ADD A GAME' at the bottom-left of the window
2. Then select 'Activate a Product on Steam'
3. Enter your activation Code from the back of the manual and follow the instructions to start installation

http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/405215-Football-Manager-2015-OUT-NOW!

You should enter the code yourself on the back of the manual in steam (through add a game --> activiate product on steam).. the code you got for beta acces is different than the code on the manual for full release.. it does not metter you already have the beta game in your library, the manual codes will "override" this!
oyinf

Thanks buddy, will do that now, How you enjoying FM15 so far?