Contra-sting Ideas: The Story of a Journeyman.

I7IDanny

Reaction score
Contra-sting Ideas: The Story of the Journeyman.

Welcome to my story of my journeyman career across the world of FM14. After a very successful journey during FM12, which took me to Madrid, Manchester and the World Cup, I've decided to attempt such a save on this year's edition.

Without further ado, here's what we'll be starting with...

View attachment 448152

... Twenty-five year old Spanish manager Daniela Contra. Yes, I did choose international experience, however I feel this year it is much, much tougher to get a high-end job, even just a Premier League job, straight off the bat.

So... where did I start? You'll have to wait to find out...

History:

7/13 - 10/13: Unemployed.
10/13 - ???: Le Havre Athletic Club

Last edited:
Looking forward to this, possibly the most successful Women in football? ;)

I know where you start and hopefully you get a nice few regens!! Good luck I'll follow this!

The First Chapter: A French Revolution.

View attachment 448132

Well, even for all the international experience... This is my first job. Welcome to Le Havre Athletic Club, languishing in 17th place in Ligue 2. Not exactly world beaters, but with a great youth system, there is a possibility to be contenders...

View attachment 448131

As shown though, Le HAC haven't had much luck to late, but hopefully I can bring about a revolution in this small club...

Stand-out Players:

View attachment 448130
Zach Bouchier. A lad I remember as being a decent wonderkid on previous FM's, even at 21 he's a pretty strong keeper to have in this league.

View attachment 448128
Yohann Riviere, a relatively old player within the squad, also club captain and our best striker. Hopefully he can net quite a few goals for us this season.

View attachment 448127
Genton is our proverbial rock at the back, and a big danger for the opposition going forward at corners. At 33 though he is one of the oldest in the team and we'll have to look at replacements in the near future.

View attachment 448126

Mamadou Sissako, our best and brightest prospect. Playing in attacking midfield or the wings, hoping this lad can come good on his potential and be a really good player.​

1.1: The First Three Months.

After taking over in late October and finding Le HAC sitting in the lowly position of 17th, my immediate job was to get the team playing well again and to start climbing the league...

Ligue 2:

Havre Athletic Club 0 - 0 Stade Brestois 29

A relatively bore draw for my first game in charge, but it was a game to stop the rot.

CA Bastia 1 - 1 Havre Athletic Club

Mesloub

One of those games. Dominated the team in 20th, took the lead and then a fluke OG from our keeper pegged us back. Frustrating.

Havre Athletic Club 1 - 2 Angers SCO

Mombris

A late consolation didn't make up for a poor showing here. First loss as Le HAC's boss.

Tours FC 1 - 2 Havre Athletic Club

Riviere(2)

Into winning ways with a good victory here, coming from behind.

Havre Athletic Club 3 - 1 US Creteil-Lusitanos

Genton, Diarra, Riviere

They may have been in the relegation zone, but two wins on the bounce, and good wins at that, are going to take us up the league.

ESTAC Troyes
2 - 0
Havre Athletic Club

A poor show, but against the 3rd placed team in the league at their ground, a loss here could be expected. All we had to do really was bounce back.

Havre Athletic Club 2 - 1 AJ Auxerre

Riviere(2)

And bounce back we did. Against one of the teams who offered me a job aside from Le HAC, nonetheless.

French Cup:

Calais RUFC 0 - 6 Havre Athletic Club
Riviere(3), Mesloub, Mahrez, Genton

A big, big win, but one expected against what was pretty much non-league opposition.

Stade Briochin 0 - 3 Havre Athletic Club

Genton(2), Mahrez

Another good win, keeps our hopes of a good cup run alive.

USBCO 0 - 2 Havre Athletic Club

Mahrez, Le Marchand

Keeping our run going into the TENTH round of the cup! Beating USBCO on their own turf also gives us hope for the league as well.

Summary:

View attachment 447827

So, a decent run in the cup so far, and a good few wins in the league leaves us in 13th now in January. Hopefully we can keep going onwards and upwards, with Riviere and Mahrez continuing to put in brilliant performances! Next update should also have the well-awaited youth intake...​